peskywinnets

V1.7 - two currencies enabled/active but no front end currency selector?

Subject says it all really., I've just installed V1.7, I have two currencies enabled/active in the back end but there's no front end currency selector? (.i.e. for a customer to a currency choose from).

How do I get that visible please?

• Like 1

Ok, dunno what I'd done wrong, but since I'm still in the dabbling phase, I just saw that V1.7.2.1 has been released, so I wiped my install - started afresh & I can now see the currency selector in the front office.

Edited by peskywinnets (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Ok, I've now  worked out what my original problem was, if you have several currencies enabled, you should get a currency selector on the home page (for the customer to select his preferred currency)....after a vanilla install I do see that....however if I then go into the back office & in the product settings (under configure) & set the catalog mode to ON , the currency selector disappears....so, it was my interpretation of 'catalog mode' that was at fault!

aF5vXIL.jpg

actually there is current bug in 1.7 catalog mode.  in previous versions of PS catlog mode would hide also product prices.  in 1.7 it does not, so if you  think about it then currency selector could be displayed.

I opened bug report but no movement yet.

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/BOOM-3522

when updating my Authorized Only Module for PrestaShop to 1.7 we included option to display prices or not.  see here

https://authclientsonly.demosprestaheroes.[spam-filter]

happy prestashopping...el

Yes (I think this is what caught me out a little) - I've read in the V1.7 documentation that when catalog mode is enabled, the product prices should be disabled - in V1.7.2.1...the prices are still displayed in catalog mode (which all adds to the overall confusion)

I using Prestashop 1.7.5

I have the same problem, with changing current theme resolved it (again to return to current theme).