Website does not load any more

Maaike

10 Day ago I noticed that the amount of orders dropped. After 2 days no orders came in any more. I discovered that my site was slow and not loading. I followed some ideas from this forum. Nothing helped so I contacted my hosting provider. They did not have any suggestions except of compressing pictures.

I did not change a thing on it. Added a few products only. The site was never to fast, but good for most. But now nothing.

Somebody any ideas... Loosing money by the day and that is not feeling all to good.

Site is www.ruitersportimport.nl (Its dutch)

Edited by Maaike (see edit history)

Have you tried to clear your store Smarty cache?

/cache/smarty/compile/*

/cache/smarty/cache/*

Sometimes the cache files increased and not deleted, when files/folder reach to some number, it will slow the server and your store.
(usually shared hosting has limited resource allocated by hosting company).

Have you tried to clear your store Smarty cache?

/cache/smarty/compile/*

/cache/smarty/cache/*

Sometimes the cache files increased and not deleted, when files/folder reach to some number, it will slow the server and your store.
(usually shared hosting has limited resource allocated by hosting company).

I have the option clear cache after chances enabled and I pressed on empty cache right after this problem started. I think that should be enough or is there a place I can check on it?

I have the option clear cache after chances enabled and I pressed on empty cache right after this problem started. I think that should be enough or is there a place I can check on it?

Have you confirmed the folders physically via FTP tool or file manager to see they were cleared?

Have you considered it could be the hosting?

When I built my first store I used GoDaddy shared hosting. The store got ridiculously slow. It was the hosting. In an effort to keep shared-hosting costs down a lot of companies really overload their servers. That is fine since the vast majority of sites have no traffic but not really acceptable for e-commerce where you actually have customers.

I would try moving a test copy of your store to a VPS host -- the whole experiment should take under an hour if you have decent internet. If the test store is fast then you'll have your answer. 

Have you confirmed the folders physically via FTP tool or file manager to see they were cleared?

Yes,I checked that. All files in there are from late last night. That must be okee then.

Have you considered it could be the hosting?

When I built my first store I used GoDaddy shared hosting. The store got ridiculously slow. It was the hosting. In an effort to keep shared-hosting costs down a lot of companies really overload their servers. That is fine since the vast majority of sites have no traffic but not really acceptable for e-commerce where you actually have customers.

I would try moving a test copy of your store to a VPS host -- the whole experiment should take under an hour if you have decent internet. If the test store is fast then you'll have your answer. 

I can not totally rule out the hosting. But the do offer prestashop as a service. The know what it is and I had no problems before, I moved the site a year ago.

Hey Maaike, 

It looks like you are still having perfomance issues.

have you checked this one : force compilation turned off and cache turned on

het ziet er toch echt naar uit dat het een issue is met de server waar je site op draait.

Zoek even een prestashop specialst voor een snelle second opinion.

Groet, Dennis

Hey Maaike, 

It looks like you are still having perfomance issues.

have you checked this one : force compilation turned off and cache turned on

het ziet er toch echt naar uit dat het een issue is met de server waar je site op draait.

Zoek even een prestashop specialst voor een snelle second opinion.

Groet, Dennis

Hello Dennis,

I changed that. Wil give that a try for today and the weekend. No orders coming in so its save to try practically anything.

On suggestion of the host I did a test with gtmetrix. Mailed the results back to them, no answer yet. But maybe someone her can make sense out of it.

post-915832-0-97479700-1497634915_thumb.jpg

post-915832-0-93848200-1497634924_thumb.jpg