[SOLVED] Able to login into back office on different machine, but not laptop

I closed this post ( http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/60914/configuring___using_prestashop/closed_cant_login_into_back_office_after_sending_newsletter_not_default_ver_1_dot_4_as_previously_stated/ ) as I can now login, but it seems my login problem is directly related to my laptop.
I can login into my back office on a different computer without issue and stayed logged in for any amount of time without getting redirected to the login page. I even changed my password, and logged back in successfully on the other machine.

However, despite clearing cookies, cache and even uninstalling browsers, if I try to login into my back office on my laptop, I get redirected to the login page after being logged in for a few minutes, and have to regenerate a new password to be able to login for a few minutes. The back office URL is the only address giving me a headache.

Can anyone give guidance on how the login process is getting redirected? Does anyone know if there might be some sort of cookie or profile file stored locally that could be causing this issue?
This is causing a severe disruption to me, any help would be hugely appreciated!

Browsers: Opera, Firefox, Chrome, IE
Running Windows 7

It is very bizarre and I cannot work it out for the life of me. Very frustrating as I only have the laptop to work with the majority of the time.
Hopefully we both can find a solution to the issue....

No, I've used 1.2.5 for a while now. The last thing I did before this happened is clicking "Voltar" (or done) on the newsletter module (not default ver 1.4) and that's when my troubles started.

I've deleted everything that can be deleted in the browsers. Even tried to uninstall Chrome and re-install to see if it was browser related. The weird thing is now when i try to access my back office on the other machine (which gave me no problems yesterday when i tried it), it is exhibiting the same behavior as my laptop with the login re-direct and random log outs. How can two different machines have the same behavior i don't know?

Great, I managed to log in for a few minutes to change an order to "shipped" from "preparation in progress" and now my shop is not showing on the front end. Can this week get any worse :-(

Just tried to connect to my FTP and cPanel and could no,t so I think my hosting provider's server is down at the moment, which might explain the blank page for the front end. Still trying to figure out the random logout and re-direct for the back office, officially my worst week ever.....lol!

Update: I thought the login problems might be related to IP addresses so I went to a third machine and tried to login in with the current password, could not login. Clicked "Lost Password", entered e-mail address and clicked "back to login page". Entered the newly regenerated password, navigated to the "Employee" tab, changed password to what I usually use.
Got logged out, entered my usual password that I had just changed the regenerated password to, now logged into back office but seeing this message "Invalid Security Token". Then got logged out automatically after i clicked the employee tab, cannot login in again unless i regenerate a new password and now stuck in the loop again.

I've run a full virus scan on the laptop and all directories in the my site directory with no issues coming up.

I would try replace the password.php fle if I could to see if that makes a difference, but still cannot connect to FTP and cPanel as of yesterday, the server has been confirmed as being up.

Shaun

I just made a discovery. I tried to change my log in password from back office and I found out that it can not be done.

employees tab>click the employe name>fill in the password field> 1 error: the field password is invalid

Can you try in your back office? Can you change your password?

Shaun

I just made a discovery. I tried to change my log in password from back office and I found out that it can not be done.

employees tab>click the employe name>fill in the password field> 1 error: the field password is invalid

Can you try in your back office? Can you change your password?

Thisisit,

I did the following....

1. Opened Google Chrome and entered my URL to get to the login page.
2. Clicked "forgot password" at the bottom and entered my e-mail address for the new password to be sent.
3. Opened Opera and tried to login there with my e-mail and newly regenerated password but could not despite 3 attempts.
4. Tried to login in Chrome and was successful first time.
5. Went to the "Employee" tab and changed my password. Was redirected to the login page.
6. Entered the new password that I had just changed in the "employee" tab.
7. Logged into back office but with the following message "Invalid Security Token"
8. Clicked "Catalog" in the back office was re-directed to the login page with password no longer working.

In addition to that, as of yesterday, I cannot connect to my FTP and cPanel and have the white screen of death if you search for my site online. I'm currently in South Africa and read today there is Internet disruption a fault with an undersea cable. Not sure if this has anything to do with all my issues suddenly....

Shaun I hope you get it sorted...I can empathize! You may want to reach out to one of the developers here for help, probably money well spent!

Please let us know how it goes. I had some issues trying to login in the back office when I got my site up to the host the other day. Despite going into the database and changing the password I could still not login, luckily having the site regenerate the password and emailing it to me worked....why this method worked and not a manual change in the database I don't know!

Thanks Glenns, I'm waiting for my host provider to confirm why I cannot connect to my FTP and cPanel and then I will reach out to a developer to get the login situation sorted with a bit of luck. A nightmare indeed.....lol!

Update: The cPanel and FTP issue seems directly related to the disruption to the Seacom cable as a developer friend of mine cannot cannot to his FTP and cPanel either. He thinks it has something to do with the protocol as most Internet providers are now piggy backing off a different ISP. Repairs could take as long as a week :-(

Okay, I marked this thread as SOLVED as all my issues have been dealt with, many thanks to all who tried to help and special thanks to Rocky to solved my white screen of death.

1. The FTP and cPanel issues was related to the SEACOM undersea cable that was damaged and since repaired. I'm now able to connect to both.

2. White screen of death was caused by me omitting a semi colon from the "Use SSL_true" line of code in my FAQ php file which has since been repaired and now my shop is back on line.

3. The login problem had me puzzled and after pretty much trying everything, I noticed in the error log in my cPanel that there was a reference from my login.php file to my "favicon.ico" in the public directory. I took a shot and dropped the favicon.ico in the public directory and have since successfully been able to connect to my back office and stay logged in, even after changing the password. I can't explain it, all i know is that it works. I did replace the login.php and password.php file with the default 1.2.5 version and also delete my current cookie beforehand.

• 3 months later...

Today I am finally able to log in to back office without being logged out randomly. I do not know what have happened. I have not changed anything in my computer setting. Up to mintues ago, I still have problem with logging in, but now it is ok.

It just happened!

Hopefully this will last.