how do i get those images back on the frontpage?

calindan2013

Use browser debugger tool to find out the URL of the images, and then you will know the path of the image on your server.

For example the first one default path is as following with default theme

/modules/themeconfigurator/img/banner-img6.jpg

Just go there to replace the image directly.

And make sure you clear your browser cache - otherwise you will always see the old one cached on your browser.

maybe i didnt make myself clear enough, the images don't' appear at all. no matter if i change them or  not, they won't be displayed. in other words, we're dealing with a completely bugged module that doesn't work how it's supposed to.

Use browser debugger tool to find out the URL of the images, and then you will know the path of the image on your server.

For example the first one default path is as following with default theme

/modules/themeconfigurator/img/banner-img6.jpg

Just go there to replace the image directly.

And make sure you clear your browser cache - otherwise you will always see the old one cached on your browser.

Edited by calindan2013 (see edit history)

There is no reason the image does not show up as long as you replace the correct image.

Unless you have made changes of the design - for example it is overlapped (covered)  by other images or element.

can you share the URL?

I just took a look, I do not see the elements (the one on eight side of your home slider) is rendered from the HTML code in my browser. I guess it might be style related issues or you removed this portion when you modify.  I suggest you rollback what you have done and try again from beginning of the modification.