Can I upload virtual products files through FTP?

molul

Hi. I want to upload a virtual product file that is bigger than what my hosting plan allows to upload through a web form (I have no access to php.ini). I wonder if I could upload the file through FTP and then link it to the virtual product somehow. Maybe with some add-on, or by tweaking some code or whatever.

Any help is really appreciated :)

Yes you can, BUT YOU CANNOT register Virtual products via FTP.

You can add links direct into description text. For this save the document, or whatelse you have into a new folder on FTP (create one) and upload the pdf, jpg, or whatelse you have to this folder. Than you add the link simply to the text of your virtual product.

The virtual files are stored in the /download directory with a random name like "83a86f145ef4047e33a6511c70c319d94b53d2ec".

What you could do is to upload small file with the correct name in the Prestashop backoffice. Then you should check which random name it has been given, rename your real file to this name and upload it with FTP.

• Like 1

@select, I tried direct link for free modules (put in folder in root) once but found out that (very fuzzy memory on this now) that link broke when (again fuzzy) the security key used by ps (real real fuzzy now) changed so my links went kaput.  

I think it depends on the file extension. You are thinking too complicated I think. Why don't use a zip ? zip are not changed or broken.

• 2 years later...
On 5/24/2017 at 7:13 PM, musicmaster said:

The virtual files are stored in the /download directory with a random name like "83a86f145ef4047e33a6511c70c319d94b53d2ec".

What you could do is to upload small file with the correct name in the Prestashop backoffice. Then you should check which random name it has been given, rename your real file to this name and upload it with FTP.

This does not work.