VAT is not being added to final price

Bleu de Cocagne

Hi Prestashop Forum,

Really need some help!

Recently got to sell some items from my Eshop, but the VAT was not included to the final prices.

In the customers invoice a line at the end says: "Exempt of VAT according to section 259B of the General Tax Code."

The shop is set on France, and the buyer is french as well, however, the VAT should be paid!

Tax rules seem ok....what could be happening?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards!

post-1148859-0-48782000-1493988053_thumb.png

post-1148859-0-39302800-1493988054_thumb.png

Edited by Bleu de Cocagne (see edit history)

there must be something not configured correctly with your tax rules or product.

make sure you configured each product to use the tax rules.

Thank you for the reply shonkiro, but i doubled checked and everything seems to be fine!  :(

Edited the main topic with printscreen of product and tax rules configurations.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

>Recently got to sell some items from my Eshop, but the VAT was not included to the final prices.

Is tax not included only at product price displaying, it happens even after payment?

If it is just product price displaying issue - then please check your customer group price displaying method.

There are 2 ways price is displayed, tax included or tax excluded - this is based customer group settings.

>Recently got to sell some items from my Eshop, but the VAT was not included to the final prices.

Is tax not included only at product price displaying, it happens even after payment?

If it is just product price displaying issue - then please check your customer group price displaying method.
There are 2 ways price is displayed, tax included or tax excluded - this is based customer group settings.

Hi,

No, it's after payment that's my hugest concern :/  -  as far as I've checked, the price is showing correctly.

More strange is that I've created a customer with the same details (address) and everything was ok, which left me more confused.

Can it be related to the customer usage of a company VAT Number?

Thank you shonkiro!!!

Hi,

No, it's after payment that's my hugest concern :/  -  as far as I've checked, the price is showing correctly.

More strange is that I've created a customer with the same details (address) and everything was ok, which left me more confused.

Thank you shonkiro!!!

If your shop is in France, and a customer with a VAT number from another EU country makes a purchase they must not be charged VAT so perhaps your customer was from another country?

Hi @Bleu de Cocagne

Yes, as @haylau has mentioned in previous post, if the customer use VAT number and if the VAT number is from different country, then it may also affect tax application.
You may try to change the customer VAT number to see if it changes.

Can you share the shop URL for testing?

Also, if you want PM back office details. I can log in and check some settings?

• 1 month later...

Hi Prestashop Forum,

Really need some help!

Recently got to sell some items from my Eshop, but the VAT was not included to the final prices.

In the customers invoice a line at the end says: "Exempt of VAT according to section 259B of the General Tax Code."

The shop is set on France, and the buyer is french as well, however, the VAT should be paid!

Tax rules seem ok....what could be happening?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards!

Which version of PS are you using?

Regards