How to update from PS 1.3.5 to 1.7.1

carlosse

Hi all,

Looking for advice if anyone has updated recently from 1.3.5 or similar to 1.7.1

I have two shops running 1.3.5 and both working fine. I want to upgrade and looking at the best way to do it.

One shope mono language while the second one is EN/FR/ES. I'm not using multishop

I guess exporting all products, clients, data on XML/CSV then creating new shops in 1.7.1 and importing data might be the best/only solution i have...

Any advice on modules to achieve this?

Any other recommedation?

Should i do multishop? some products are commun in both shops while others only belong to one of the shops.

planning to try first with a dummy shop so i don't screw things up

If you look around in the forum you will see that many still consider 1.7 too unstable and recommend 1.6. So it may be best to keep that option open while testing.

The disadvantage of exporting/importing csv is that you will lose some data, Most important probably is that your customer will need to reset their passwords.

Customer passwords is also a consideration when it comes to multishop: it is impossible to have merge two shops and let all customers keep their passwords: the customers of one shop will need to reset.

A module that you might consider is https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/8934-migrationpro-prestashop-to-prestashop-migration-tool.html

I have no experience with it.

An alternative is outsourcing the upgrade. There are quite a few upgrade experts on the forum (including me). You can contact them for a quote.

A few tips for when you would try upgrading:

- uninstall any module that might give trouble: disabling - what Prestashop does - often is not enough.

- switch back to the default theme before upgrading

- if you experience data inconsistency problems (1.7 uses foreign keys) that block upgrading consider using PScleaner (https://github.com/PrestaShop/pscleaner)

I tried auto upgrade from 6.13 to 7.1.0 but it shows errors in the latter half n doesnt downgrade to the older version. BUT 7.1 otherwise installs fine n looks cool n faster than the previous versions.

Well since the behavior in 1.7 has changed the upgrade will not be super easy. To be honest i would first check and see if all your modules will also work under 1.7 before upgrading. Since you're coming from an very old Version, this might be an issue. Setup up a test environment if not already done and start there.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

I tried auto upgrade from 6.13 to 7.1.0 but it shows errors in the latter half n doesnt downgrade to the older version. BUT 7.1 otherwise installs fine n looks cool n faster than the previous versions.

Downgrading in Prestashop seldom works. You should always upgrade a copy of your shop. Never the original.

how did you do this ? 

i tried this way: http://build.prestashop.com/news/updated-1-click-upgrade-module/

Do i have to download this specific one ?  

i mean, 1-click-upgrade module 1.6.7 is allready in PS 1.6.13

i don't see the update option to upgrade from PS 1.6 tot 1.7.1 

latest Prestashop 1.6.1.13

latest 1-Click Upgrade module 1.6.7 

i tried complete fresh install of PS 1.6.1.11 and then fresh install of 1.6.13 , then again in US englisch, nothing, i can not find a 1.7.1 update.

i dont see it, (yes, MAJOR RELEASE selected)

Edited by Rekal007 (see edit history)