Upgrading from 1.5.3.1

Tom1884

Hi!

Which is the best method to upgrade from 1.5.3.1 to most recent 1.6 version? (not 1.7, 'cause I read it's unstable/unsupported).

I've tried a "1-click-update" but it doesn't work.

Tnx

Best way is to install fresh installation of 1.6.x and try to update the new database with info from old database. About 99,99% updates using 1-click ends with dead PS errors.

only if you do not know what you are doing.  100% of the upgrades I performed have worked

what exactly "does not work"? 

Well so you need to send cupon in lotto then...

I have updated 3x times.

1.6.1.1  to  1.6.1.4 < -after that my shop died no way to fix some database errors wrong tables no way to roll back thx god i had a backup. I installed new ps 1.6.1.4. And added all things using database.

1.6.1.4 to 1.6.1.5 Installed ok only some modules after update had some wrong chmod.

1.6.1.5 to 1.6.1.6 I was trying 5x times 1-click update all the time error on some file ended with error in PS files missing cant roll back. I installed fresh 1.6.1.6 and updated database.

I dont use this 1-click update because it suck.

Well some modules use override but update should work with that. What is the problem to make PS disable override when updating and after update disable overrides in backoffice ?

Maybe then there will be no BIG FAT ERRORS

And yes my favorite 1.7 that starts to shitstorm the forums with questions why this option not working why error in here why error in there etc...

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)

what exactly "does not work"? 

Thank you.

Firstable, I don't know which "1-click-update" module is the right one (seems to there are two).

Second, I tried one of them, but it gave me error and know I can't even re-install it.

Anyway, step by step: which one is the correct module?

Tnx