Stock Sync Multiple shops (Not in multistore)

Hi,

We just bought 4 webshops as a package deal, the issue currently is they all got there own stock inventory and thats a mess, we only want to keep 1 stock more or less.

The issue here is they are not installed as Multistore, and right now Prestashop is quite new to us, and we are still learning how to handle things, we understand that Multistore would be what we actually need, but is afraid if it will hurt our very very good SEO by switching to Multistore.

And we are still testing out if we can get multistore to actually run with our Nginx setup with out a lot of issues.

So right now we need a way to sync sales, so we allways go up to date stock levels.

So if page A makes a sale, this item is substracted from page B, C and D, is there any way to do this? is there any one that can point us in the right direction, or got contact to a skilled developer that might be able to help us?

• Like 1

Don't use the multistore in this case. Although you are on ngnix, one big database feeding several shops is not really a good solution. Stay on your 4 shops.

Better is to use in this case an ERP, where you manage all your shops and is not online consuming. So a local database or a database which has no touch from other software, like a shop software with high traffic.

If you want to use multishop, than you need to unify all data and begin from new with one master shop and 3 child shops.

For SEO. if your products are identic, than Google split-up the SEO points with all your shops (keyword- weighting will be splitted between all). Independent of the use of multishop or not. Google identifies that it is one project (all domains on same server, same postal address, etc.). Google does not use only machine, there are also humans behind it !

A part from what you decide to do: for to manage sync between databases, you should use the webservice API.  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Using+the+PrestaShop+Web+Service

Don't use the multistore in this case. Although you are on ngnix, one big database feeding several shops is not really a good solution. Stay on your 4 shops.

Better is to use in this case an ERP, where you manage all your shops and is not online consuming.

If you want to use multishop, than you need to unify all data and begin from new with one master shop and 3 child shops.

For SEO. if your products are identic, than Google will split-up the SEO points with all your shops (keyword- weighting will be splitted between all).

A part from what you decide to do: for to manage sync between databases, you should use the webservice API.  http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Using+the+PrestaShop+Web+Service

Thanks

Do you got any surgestions for an ERP that works with prestashop?

Ahhh i guess something like Presta Shop Manager ?

Ye i guessed the API would be the way to go, right now my idea is to setup an inactive shop where we just update all the products, stock and so on.

Then make the 4 other sites talk to it and tell it if there is a sale on a product so it can substract the product amounts sold from the stock site, and then do a XML Export/Import every hour or every 2 hour to keep all stock's up to date on all pages.

Would this be the best logical way ?

Unfortunately not. It depends what is used in your country and Prestashop version you are using. openERP ? There are several. Some also with integration by still available module. Search on the net for ERP Prestashop. I think with this keywords you will find something.

The use of the webservice API is a coding service from a coder.

Ahhh i guess something like Presta Shop Manager ?

PSM does not unify 4 shops. The only plus you have, is that you can manage more shops with only one back-end. Which is different of one database and 4 shops, or 4 shops managed by Prestashop back-end.

If you are looking for something to ease your time managament and helps you to save time, than PSM could be the option.

Think PSM would be the easy solution to use in this case i guess.

Currently running 1.6.12 i think it is since the shop uses some plugins thats not updated to 1.7.

But what about my idea about how to handle the stock would that be a valid way to do it?

PSM does not unify 4 shops. The only plus you have, is that you can manage more shops with only one back-end. Which is different of one database and 4 shops, or 4 shops managed by Prestashop back-end.

If you are looking for something to ease your time managament and helps you to save time, than PSM could be the option.

Perhaps you missed my last answer. For to manage more than one shop in PSM, you need the Pro version, if you decide to handle your stocks by this way.

That i know that i need the pro version.

Think we both misunderstood each other, i was thinking something like.

Getting a module made, having 1 main stock shop thats actually just used for stock and product data.

Where we then got a module that recives updates from the 4 other shops, the 4 other shops, on a sale/cancelation, sends the data to the Stock Shop thats setup and then every 1 hour sync the product stock to the 4 shops from the stock shop via XML, CSV something like that.

I was wondering if there would be a better way to do the Syncing shops.

There is no module for that.

You have the options:

1) multishop - one database for 4 shops, or INSTEAD

2) ERP implemented which feeds all you shops simuntaneously with stock. For this you need to use webservice API and code a script for to sync with database of your shops and database of ERP.

3) easier management of your shops via PSM. In this case you maintain all your shops and have only ONE backend where you can manage ALL your shops. But this will not solve your problem, caus one shop with  own database. But there is no sync between the databases. They stay alone. PSM has an paid addon on which you can import automatically stocks from one database to another database, but this will not solve your problem as well. So only option 1) or 2) are that what you want.

• 3 months later...

And.. if you have like 5 prestashop and 5 physical shops, and want to manage a synchronized shop... what solution would you think ?

I think ERP but... damn.. so much work if i have to code everything. Only Dolibarr (open source) seems to get a correct premade module to synch, (available on addons) but i doubt a bit.. 

What do you think ?

• 2 weeks later...

small bump, any good decend priced ERP?

Take a look to into odoo (it's a forge of openZ/Openerp) also open source, like Prestashop

Here you will find the connector to Prestashop: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?id_category=0&search_query=odoo

Free on github: Free connector odoo Prestashop you find on github: https://github.com/O...ctor-prestashop

is it possible to install odoo on a cloud web server ? It is easy with prestashop and Dolibarr but ive never succeded with Odoo

What exactly you mean by cloud server ? If you have root rights, than yes, of course you can install it everywhere. I'm too on VPS Cloud, but you need to have full root rights. odoo has no installer, you need to install by command line via SSH with putty for ex.

Free connector odoo Prestashop you find on github: https://github.com/OCA/connector-prestashop

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I'll shamelessly promote my own module, since I believe it can be very nicely used for this use case. 

DataKick is an export/import solution that can be set up to automatically export data in XML format, and import it in another one. In addition to simple export/import, you can also create a new custom fields in your roll-up shop, to track current stock amount in children shop. So you would see that you have 15 items of products X in total, and that there are 5 in shop A, 9 in shop B and one in shop C.

Note that my module can't do push notification - parent node will have to pull changes periodically (using scheduled tasks). So the solution is not 100% real time, there can be some gap, depending on your chosen synchronization frequency.

My module is paid, but there's 14 day trial period, so feel free to test it. Let me know if you need any assistance

@selectshop - since @LauraPresta requested additional information about this use case, I don't think he deems this problem solved. And yes, my response was an advertising, like every other post in this forum. But it is related to the question, and it shows another ways to solve this problem, so I don't know why you need to be waspish about it.

Edited by DataKick (see edit history)