Quick view on 1.7

goodish

You can't, so you'll have to manually {* comment out *} the code in themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/miniatures/product.tpl:

<a
        href="#"
        class="quick-view"
        data-link-action="quickview"
      >
        <i class="material-icons search"></i> {l s='Quick view' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
      </a>

Unfortunately, removing this code makes the hover box look bad, so you'll need to modify CSS to make it look right.

• 1 year later...

This is a solution I like better. We comment out the old quickview and replace it with a link direct to the product URL and the text Select. Now no need to change the CSS. It all looks good.

{block name='quick_view'}
        {*
          <a class="quick-view" href="#" data-link-action="quickview">
            <i class="material-icons search">&#xE8B6;</i> {l s='Quick view' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
          </a>
        *}
          <a href="{$product.url}">
            <i class="material-icons search">&#xE8B6;</i> {l s='Select' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
          </a>        
        {/block}

/themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/miniatures/product.tpl

Edited by thymus
Added location of file to edit - for clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I hate this quick view and add to cart on the home and category pages. It would be much better to have an setting where you can choose to disable them. I prefer to have the customer ready all the information I have for them before they decide to buy or not. Saves a lot of dissapointment and return/handling cost.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/17/2017 at 9:59 PM, rocky said:

You can't, so you'll have to manually {* comment out *} the code in themes/classic/templates/catalog/_partials/miniatures/product.tpl:

<a
        href="#"
        class="quick-view"
        data-link-action="quickview"
      >
        <i class="material-icons search"></i> {l s='Quick view' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
      </a>

Unfortunately, removing this code makes the hover box look bad, so you'll need to modify CSS to make it look right.

This works on removing it on the catalog page, but any ideas on removing it from the homepage (best sellers, new products, etc)?

My Classic Theme Customizer module has the option to remove quick view or replace it with an "Add to cart" button. In my module, I remove the quick view by adding the following CSS:

.highlighted-informations {
    display: none;
}

#products .thumbnail-container:hover .product-description::after, .featured-products .thumbnail-container:hover .product-description::after, .product-accessories .thumbnail-container:hover .product-description::after, .product-miniature .thumbnail-container:hover .product-description::after, #products .thumbnail-container:focus .product-description::after, .featured-products .thumbnail-container:focus .product-description::after, .product-accessories .thumbnail-container:focus .product-description::after, .product-miniature .thumbnail-container:focus .product-description::after {
    border-top: none;
}

• 11 months later...
On 5/24/2018 at 1:44 PM, thymus said:

This is a solution I like better. We comment out the old quickview and replace it with a link direct to the product URL and the text Select. Now no need to change the CSS. It all looks good.

{*
            <i class="material-icons search">&#xE8B6;</i> {l s='Quick view' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
          </a>
        *}
            <i class="material-icons search">&#xE8B6;</i> {l s='Select' d='Shop.Theme.Actions'}
          </a>        
        {/block}

Perfect for me

Thanks for sharing

• 2 years later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, thymus said:

{*
          </a>
        *}
          </a>        
        {/block}

You my old pal are a diamond just what i wanted and so easy