Exception thrown by module xxx on upgrade and HTTP ERROR 500

a5dev

Did a brand new, clean install of PrestaShop 1.7.0.4 on a VPS running php 7.1.1

If I go to Modules > Modules and Services I get an error "Cannot get catalog data, please try again later. Reason: SSL CA bundle not found: /home/abcdef/dev125.mywebsite.com/app/cache/prod/cacert.pem"

I read on another post, that this issue was resolved in version 1.7.0.1 but I am running 1.7.0.4

I followed the steps (from that post) to re-create the cacert.pem file and upload it to /app/cache/prod

Now the module page will load (sometimes).  Sometimes when I go to the Modules page, the error about the cacert.pem no longer appears, but I get an HTTP ERROR 500.

Sometimes if I reload the page, the page will load, but then if I click on the Installed Modules tab or the Notifications tab, I get the HTTP ERROR 500.

Also, if I log into the Admin site and try to go through the default pop-up onboarding, I get an HTTP ERROR 500.

Finally, if I log into the back end and go to Module > Modules & Services, click on the Installed Modules tab and then click the 'Upgrade' button (next to ANY module that says an update is available) ... I get this error message all the time:

"Exception thrown by module xxx on upgrade. Error sent by Addons. You may need to be logged."

Edited by a5dev (see edit history)

I set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to 'true' and now when I try to go to the Modules > Modules & Services page, I get this error:

OutOfMemoryException in XliffFileLoader.php line 229:
Error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 106496 bytes)

This is running on a VPS with 4gb of ram and according to my vps control panel, there are 2.6gb free memory (and the hard drive is nowhere near full).

I've tried rebooting my VPS and I get the same error.

Is there a place to specify the memory allocated to each instance of prestashop?

OK, here are the solutions to the first two issues:

Issue 1: (SSL CA bundle not found)

------------------------------------------------------------------

Apparently this issue is still unresolved as of 1.7.0.4, but follow the steps in this post to fix it:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/566562-cannot-acces-modules-tab-in-backend-of-presta-17/

Issue 2: (OutOfMemoryException in XliffFileLoader.php line 229)

------------------------------------------------------------------

I worked with my awesome web hosting company (a2hosting.com) and they resolved the issue. They created a .user.ini file and placed it in the root of my prestashop site. There is a directive in there:  memory_limit = 512M

Apparently the site was defaulting to 32M and PrestaShop was running out of memory. Increasing the memory allocation to 512M solved the problem and I can also see the back end is running faster.

But ... the original problem still remains, which is:

If I log into the back end of my fresh install of PS 1.7.0.4, go to Module > Modules & Services, click on the Installed Modules tab and then click the 'Upgrade' button (next to ANY module that says an update is available) ... I get this error message all the time:

"Exception thrown by module xxx on upgrade. Error sent by Addons. You may need to be logged."

What does "You may need to be logged" mean ???

Does this mean I need to log *in*? Where? Into the Addons marketplace?

I clicked the 'Connect to Addons Marketplace' button at the top of this page, but when I try to log in using my Addons credentials (which I KNOW are correct), I get an error that the login is incorrect. (If I open a new tab and go to https://addons.prestashop.com I am able to log in just fine, using the same login and password)

• 2 weeks later...

But ... the original problem still remains, which is:

If I log into the back end of my fresh install of PS 1.7.0.4, go to Module > Modules & Services, click on the Installed Modules tab and then click the 'Upgrade' button (next to ANY module that says an update is available) ... I get this error message all the time:

I have the same error message when trying to upgrade a module: "Exception thrown by module xxx on upgrade. Error sent by Addons. You may need to be logged."

Could you solve the problem?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi I have this also   on prestaShop  version 1.7.2.4 

I cannot connect  the prestashop addons to upgrade my build in  modules 

what can I do  ,Is there a Fix for ? 

Thanks for help ! 

Regards thanks for help  , Jean. 

Cannot update or Upgrade Modules.jpg

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem. A comment that can help you.

I have the same problem when I upgrade the modules, and I went to the menu, advanced parameters, and then to information and I have a message that says I have to activate the php fopen ().

I did a new installation of prestshop and I have a correct php.ini and the front-office and the back-office work perfectly for me.

So what I did is copy the php.ini in the "admin" folder

Then the information link acts and the message did not appear. Then I went to modules and put "upgrade" and the green poster appeared correct update message.

I hope it works for them, I have prestashop 1.7.2.4

Slds.

Andrew

----------------------------

Hola a todos,

Tengo el mismo problema. Un comentario que puede ayudarlos. 

Tengo el mismo problema al upgrade los modulos, y fui al menu, parametros avanzados, y luego a informacion y tengo un mensaje que dice que tengo que activar el fopen() de php. 

hice una instalación nueva de prestshop y tengo un php.ini correcto y me funciona el front-office y el back-office perfectamente. 

Entonces lo que hice es copiar el php.ini en la carpeta "admin"

Luego actuace el link de información y el mensaje no aparecio. Luego fui a modulos y puse "upgrade" y me aparecion el cartel verde mensaje de actualizacion correcta. 

Espero que les sirva, yo tengo prestashop 1.7.2.4 

Slds.

Andrés

• 3 weeks later...

Modules.png.35b5096275abce1fa196bc0906b080cb.png

Error!@
Exception thrown by module hioutofstocknotification on upgrade. Cannot extract module in /home/163246.************/sdwdnqnhjc/public_html/app/cache/prod/sandbox/5ac13e05c02a6/ to get its name.

Feedback from senior cloud engineer 

This is completely an application level problem for which we suggest you to involve a developer and ask him to check the application and if you find anything from the server level side to resolve the problem then please do let us know and we would be glad to assist you accordingly. 

@prestashop has to do a much better job at managing hot fixes, Before adding more new features better making the current version as bug free as possible. 

Has anybody been able to fix this in 1.7 b

Edited by MSN (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys, I have a new install and I can't add any modules to my new install. I am getting the error. Exception thrown by module paypal on install, Error sent by Addon's. You may need to be logged. It happens on all modules, not just paypal.

Does anyone have an ideas to fix this error, please.

error.jpg

Edited by madox-nola (see edit history)