PUBLIC Comments on module sale page.

rfourt

Hi guys.

Some of you guys know me as the ranting guy who sometimes looses it here on the forum, but i think most of them have been fairly fair as we spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars on Modules that both Prestashop themself make money on but especially the developrs wich is good. But i think, and im afraid to say this, but they DONT deserve it.

I wont get into why etc etc. But i feel that one way of getting these developers to actually do a better job becouse we all know that we have bought a module that is totally crap. so i would really and i have some fellow friends here who also would like the comments made on the module sales page to be public. Right now you only see a star and im sure these stars dosnt represent the correct value of the module. Hey i know i have voted 5stars before really trying the module out when i first started with PS.

Some of you have probably not had a bad experiance but i know ALOT of you are. i have even come across some really REALLY rude developers after i paid them 100 Euros for a module that actually does not do what its suppose to.

So. i would  really like a discoussion started on how we shoppers can get this to PS team. I mean i think its not the developrs fault, i think PS is falling fast since i started using it in 2010. Back then the support was actually pritty good and now there has gotten so many 3d party developrs the good ones get lost in the crowd.

I am actually thinking about starting a New thread in the module section of this forum for every new module i buy and write everyday like a diary when setting the module up and working with it. As you most know, most of the modules you buy you work with it sometimes for over 2 weeks and then when all settings/edits are done you leave it. But many times these 2 weeks could have been reduced down to perhaps 3 days if the module had worked like it was suppose to.

So basicly, who would like the commentry on the module sales page to be public, so you can actally see recent buyers, And ofcouse like on ebay or any other, the developr can answer the commentry but still you would fastly get rid of the scammer-develooprs.

Reason i take up this again is that i have in the last 2 months bought over 5 new modules and ONLY 1 did what it was suppose to do. The other well not so much, Buggy, features not working etc etc. Asking for money back is pointless and well.. Im getting really tired, and my instinct tells me i cant be alone feeling this way <3 :)

Hey im going to start right now. ->
hope i dont get banned from the forum. :)

Last module i bought "Mega Menu" Search for it in the forum.

I agree more transparency is needed in addon's but  also in general, for example our agency page has client reviews but does not show  the actual review.  Having capability for dev to reply to feedback builds confidence for buyer and I think put's  the dev on their toes to create better product....

re. mega menu had it's day in 1.4, I'm serious.....if your theme does not have a kick ass menu builder then get quality theme that does.  For example leo theme dev, has 'all' the bells and whistles and seldom do we need to find an addon for theme features....we build shops everyday without having to find modules to support front office...giddy up...

happy ps'ing el

customer ratings and comments are already displayed on the PS addons product pages.  I have received many ratings (bad and good) for my modules, and they appear as 'testimonials' on the page.  I believe 3 are displayed at a time, and PS randomly chooses which ones to show

• Like 1