Some orders not showing up in the back office, any ideas ?

BlizzardUK

Every so often this last few months I have found some orders won't show up in the back office. I might get a email from PayPal through saying I have funds, and then I check the orders page and it is not there, but then I notice a order number is missing. So for instance today, order 5316 was visible, and the next order number was 5318, for some reason 5317 was not visible UNLESS I clicked on order 5316 and used the arrow icon to cycle to the next order which it then showed up. If a order is sent to me via credit card then I don't know about it unless I keep an eye on the numbers, but if they pay via PayPal then thankfully I still get the order email from PayPal. I know it is not a specific module at fault due to it happening on multiple payment options.

This only happens every so often though, it happened 3 times last month and once so far this month. Most orders come through fine. Only started in the last 4 months though and nothing has changed on the site since then, no upgrades. Any ideas what is going on ? I have Prestashop 1.4. I realise it is an old version but until now it has done me fine, and I have a lot of important modules only compatible with 1.4 and before so don't want to change just yet.

Can anyone think what is going on ? Thanks for your help.

Edited by BlizzardUK (see edit history)

When you cycled through to order 5317, what was the status of the order?

From your description I'm guessing that for some orders it appears that the order is smuggled into the system such that you don't get a confirmation email and the order isn't displayed on the table which displays the list of orders?

Hi there. The status seems to be the first choice on the list, "Awaiting Bank Wire Payment". But like I say, I think that is just because that is at the top of the drop down menu, I don't think the customer has chosen that. I noticed that on the credit card order the card details did not appear in back office, even though their choice of credit card payment was noted. I can't see what the link is as to why this happens. I have to keep making double sure I check the order numbers rather than relying on what I see on the page. I don't get why I can see the order when I cycle to it via the green ---> arrow.

So to clarify, when I click the "Orders" tab, the ID of the problem order does not show up in that list, at the moment the top order ID number is 5339, if a person who ordered just before them doesn't show up, then the next order number ID I see will be 5337, so I have to make sure I notice the missing number (5338), which I can only get by clicking on say order 5337 and then clicking ---->.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

The only way I've found to replicate the described behaviour is to apply a filter to the table as highlighted:

post-1128397-0-31931100-1486507585_thumb.png

Order #1 is still in the system and I can view it by clicking on order #2 and then clicking the green arrow on the left to view the previous order.

Clicking the Reset button displays all the orders once more.

The database query which fetches the orders from the database table is extremely inclusive in that even if I purposely corrupt information in the database, the order is still displayed on the table (albeit with some information missing).

• 4 months later...

Hi Presta Users,

We have recently been having the same issue with some orders not coming through and not being visible in the back office section, despite the customers having paid correctly via paypal. We use 1.6.1.4

Please help...

Many thanks!

Adam

• 3 months later...

Hi Presta Users,

We have recently been having the same issue with some orders not coming through and not being visible in the back office section, despite the customers having paid correctly via paypal. We use 1.6.1.4

Please help...

Many thanks!

Adam

Same here.We use 1.6.1.7 version but we're facing the same issue. An order has been successfully paid with Paypal but it does not show up in backoffice

• Sad 1

• 6 months later...

Happens to me to, Prestashop 1.7.3. I get an e-mail from the payment provider and it shows up as a number at the top right corner of Prestashop Back Office and clicking that number will take you to the order (once). However, the order can not be seen in the order list. It can be seen if you cycle through orders though but it does not have a name or address, just an e-mail (good think I can find the address and name through the payment provider's interface).

Recently I have been upgraded ps to 1.6.1.1 and started the issue some orders not showing in orders. On order details in BO  product details is not showing up. Can somebody help me to sort out this issue.

You should check which payment modules not native Prestashop you are using. One of this extra payment modules is causing the problem. Update all your payment modules to latest version, If you are using free or bought payment modules, than test by your own these modules by ordering yourself. The payment you have choosen and is not adding an order on your back-office is not working anyore with your upgraded Prestashop. In this case you should contact the module developer.

I believe this is to do with PayPal calculating totals differently to Prestashop. When the data is sent to PayPal from prestashop, PayPal does it's own calculation. If the two do not match it causes a glitch and the order is not created.

It is to do with Preferences > general > Rounding.

If I rememeber correctly, if you have this set to round per line it works better than round per item or round per total. Adjsuting those will help, but will still not be perfect . Discounts (especially on low value products) and Tax can introduce more discrepancies.

Basically, PayPal ignores the info it is send, and does it's own calculation. If it does not match you get no order in the back office

Only some orders get missing while others are showing in the back office .If there is an issue with the payment module why this affecting on particular orders only?? I place an order with same product and quantity again which fails to list on order list previously .And now it shows up there . So how could solve this. This is an odd issue.

Edited by anju (see edit history)

1 minute ago, anju said:

Only some orders get missing while others are showing in the back office .If there is an issue with the payment module why this affecting on particular orders only??

Because every calculation is different. Sometimes the rounding has a material effect on the value, sometimes it does not.

Take an order that is £2.57 then give a 33% discount that is then 0.8481 to deduct. so is that 1.7249 or is it 1.72 depending on when you do the rounding, then add VAT at 20% so is that 1.7249*1.2 or is it 1.72*1.2? so 2.06628 or 2.064 ? now we can see a very small difference when rounding these last numbers, 2.07 or 2.06

So when and how you round is important. 

Then allow for multiple quantites and things can get really mixed up . Prestashop has a number of different ways of rounding (item, line, total, and then the complication of round up, down down etc) and PayPal does it it's own way

6 minutes ago, haylau said:

Because every calculation is different. Sometimes the rounding has a material effect on the value, sometimes it does not.

Take an order that is £2.57 then give a 33% discount that is then 0.8481 to deduct. so is that 1.7249 or is it 1.72 depending on when you do the rounding, then add VAT at 20% so is that 1.7249*1.2 or is it 1.72*1.2? so 2.06628 or 2.064 ? now we can see a very small difference when rounding these last numbers, 2.07 or 2.06

So when and how you round is important. 

Then allow for multiple quantites and things can get really mixed up . Prestashop has a number of different ways of rounding (item, line, total, and then the complication of round up, down down etc) and PayPal does it it's own way

Thanks for the replay !