Prestashop 1.6 Watermark not applying to old images

хамак

have the default watermark module that came with the fresh Prestashop installation. I have only updated it to the latest version.

I recently change my watermark image (.gif) and i wanted to apply it to all of my products (around 4000).

I've uploaded the new .gif image and started regenerating all images.

Everything worked fine and after some time outs i managed to regenerate all images.

The problem was that all the new images were without the new watermark .gif and without the old one.

I've searched for some answers but nothing worked.

Now i have all my images without any watermark. The only way that i can get the watermark to work is to reupload images one by one, because all my new products with new images have the watermark in it.

Can anyone help me? My images are unprotected and my competition is starting to get some images from me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I see the following on line 151 of modules/watermark/watermark.php:
                $this->_postErrors[] = $this->l('Image must be in GIF format.');

So it appears the watermark image must be a GIF.

PNG was referred to product images, not the watermark.

Sorry, my question wasn't that precise.

I just tried installing the watermark module on my PrestaShop v1.6.1.11 test site and I couldn't get the watermark to work either. After some investigation, I discovered the module wasn't installed in the "actionWatermark" hook, perhaps because it is installed to the "watermark" hook rather than the "actionWatermark" hook.

After going to Modules > Positions > Transplant a module and then transplanting the "Watermark" module into the "actionWatermark" hook, the module started working as expected, even when I uploaded a PNG product image.

I just tried installing the watermark module on my PrestaShop v1.6.1.11 test site and I couldn't get the watermark to work either. After some investigation, I discovered the module wasn't installed in the "actionWatermark" hook, perhaps because it is installed to the "watermark" hook rather than the "actionWatermark" hook.

After going to Modules > Positions > Transplant a module and then transplanting the "Watermark" module into the "actionWatermark" hook, the module started working as expected, even when I uploaded a PNG product image.

On my installation, watermark module is correctly hooked in actionWatermark but, still, not working.

I'm using the same version of Watermark, just a different version of PrestaShop. You can try upgrading to PrestaShop v1.6.1.11. I'm not sure whether it will help though. The only other difference between us is server settings.

I'm using the same version of Watermark, just a different version of PrestaShop. You can try upgrading to PrestaShop v1.6.1.11. I'm not sure whether it will help though. The only other difference between us is server settings.

Tried the update to new PS version, still not working. I think that the watermark module is...not the best Prestashop module :)

Strange that we're on the same PrestaShop version and module version and yet it isn't working for you. I guess it's a server configuration issue preventing the Watermark module from working properly. I'm using XAMPP. Perhaps you can use it or something similar to see if it works on your localhost?

Strange that we're on the same PrestaShop version and module version and yet it isn't working for you. I guess it's a server configuration issue preventing the Watermark module from working properly. I'm using XAMPP. Perhaps you can use it or something similar to see if it works on your localhost?

I tried on remote server and it wasn't working at all. Then I tried with MAMP, same results.

How do you save product thumbnails? JPG?

Because I need to save all product pictures in PNG, perhaps is this the problem?

• 5 months later...