Blank page after install

Did you install PrestaShop with sample data ?

Check Module tab and see what modules are installed.

yes. i install with modules. but when i check at module tab it is empty.

how can i install new module?

is it with .gzip extension files?

Check if modules folder is uploaded correctly to your server.
Also check permissions for modules folder.

And did you install any new module or edited existing module.

Because if there is error in some module then page is blank when you hit Modules tab.

Try to temporally to turn on debug mode from config/config.inc.php

/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

and if there are any errors, post them.

And see this link
http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_Modules/

Check if modules folder is uploaded correctly to your server.
Also check permissions for modules folder.

And did you install any new module or edited existing module.

Because if there is error in some module then page is blank when you hit Modules tab.

Try to temporally to turn on debug mode from config/config.inc.php
/* Debug only */
@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');

and if there are any errors, post them.

And see this link
http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Installing_Modules/

i already set display errors.

this is the display

Warning: include(/home/cashind1/public_html/callista/config/config.inc.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/cashind1/public_html/callista/index.php on line 3

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/cashind1/public_html/callista/config/config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/cashind1/public_html/callista/index.php on line 3

Fatal error: Class 'Configuration' not found in /home/cashind1/public_html/callista/index.php on line 5

• 2 weeks later...
Check if config folder files are uploaded correctly and have correct write permissions.

I'm getting a similar issue. I get a white screen when I go to the root index page, and then somewhere I read that I should first go to the "install" page to get things configured. But at that URL I get the following...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /data/in/m/moe/www/generationgear/install/classes/LanguagesManager.php on line 7

Can anyone help?

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, me too. I was getting internal server error messages when I tried to access the secure areas of shop. I had my hosting company change the PHP handler from suPHP to CGI which is a fix I read about in a google search. This made things very much worse as I then got a blank page when trying to enter my site! The hosting company changed the settings back but now I get this error message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/thunderb/public_html/install/classes/ToolsInstall.php on line 4

I've deleted the entire site and re-loaded twice but I'm still getting this message when I try to run install and a blank page when I look at the root page. I've been at this for hours on end everyday for a week and I'm at my wits end. I was on track to go live next week before all this sorted. Posted two messages in the securities section of this forum but have had no response. If I don't get this resolved soon I'm dumping Prestashop and going with Zencart or something similar.

Andy

Andy,

Have you tried to change the permissions on your subdirectories to 755? Also, you may want to check and make sure the path to your database is correct. You'll need to check it in 2 files: the "db_fns.php" file in your root directory and the "settings.inc.php" in your config subdirectory.

Vline

Did you try to access the database directly? Using either a software like HeidiSQL or by using the phpAdmin from your hosting company.

It really does sound like the Prestashop software isn't connecting properly to the database or that the database is missing key tables or information.

Out of curiousity, did you check the 2 files I mentioned earlier and verified that the database name and info are correct on them?

I got my hosting company to re-install Prestashop and it's now back up and running. However I'm back to square one with it throwing internal server errors when I try to get into any of the secure pages....
Andy

I'm using a self-signed certificate at the moment. Do you think that may be the problem? When I check my error log I see this message:

[Thu Jul 29 12:12:45 2010] [error] [client 81.109.55.113] File does not exist: /home/thunderb/public_html/500.shtml, referer: http://www.thunderbirdmodels.co.uk/
[Thu Jul 29 12:12:45 2010] [error] [client 81.109.55.113] SoftException in Application.cpp:422: Mismatch between target UID (99) and UID (574) of file "/home/thunderb/public_html/contact-form.php", referer: http://www.thunderbirdmodels.co.uk/

From what I've been able to find out on the net the "UID mismatch" has to do with ownership of files, but I'm darned if I can figure out how to fix it! Even my hosting company doesn't seem to know how to cure it. Any help you could offer would be appreciated. I'm okay with HTML and simple scripts but I'm way out of my depth when it comes to stuff like this.

Andy

Andy,

Here's my suggestion. Turn off SSL or disable SSL in your Preferences tab and see if your website works properly. This will at least give you an idea as to whether or not this is due to your certificate.

As to the Mismatched UID, everything I know about it indicates that it's an issue with the server and your hosting company. That's all I can tell you about it. Good luck.

It works fine if SSL is disabled. I've installed a free trial certificate from Comodo but it hasn't made any difference - still getting internal server error in secure pages with SSL enabled. I'm at a loss. No one seems to know how to fix this...

Thanks for all your help anyway Vline.

Andy

After a week of messing around and numerous emails to my hosting company I've FINALLY got this fixed. Server admin had to change the PHP handler from suPHP to CGI and then change permissions on the compiler. So all my secure pages are working fine....

BUT....!! Now all of my product category, manufacturer, Ts &Cs;, delivery, about us pages etc., etc., have disappeared!! All I get is a '404 Page Not Found' error message. I tried deleting all the product categories and manufacturers and re-loading them but no joy. Strangely, the products would still appear in the Featured Products module but without pictures.

Also, for some reason my Back Office no longer asks for a username and password to get into it, which is a bit worrying. Not sure if that's related.

Anyone else come across this?

Andy

Don't know if this applies to anyone on this thread but I had the same until I deleted my affiliatesforall module then it was Ok.

Just posted in case this relates to anyone here. I would also suggest if it doesn't that you empty the modules folder and then upload one at a time and check each time one has been uploaded.

Not ideal but it may help someone.

I'm sorry about my english...
I have same problem like this, I was fixed and working good. this is all about when you upload files with FTP software. the file is not perfect uploaded. Check again size of file in your server, if different re-upload that. I hope this can help...