View customer user password from database table ps_customer

Hi,

How can I view the password from table ps_customer ? I try with reverse MD5 lookup but it doesn't show, has it anything to do with secure key column for enhanced security ?

I don't have live shop, only for testing purpose. I regisered new customer, with password and everything. When I look at ps_customer table in database password is stored in MD5 format, I cannot retrieve to string format from md5 reverse lookup services online.

I have no idea, but in general I would say that it is a bad design if it is (easilly) possible to retrieve passwords from a computer system.
And since MD5 isn't that good, I would guess that it's used for hashing, and that the data you see is a hash value that cannot be reversed (because it doesn't contain all information)

/Mats

The COOKIE_KEY in config/settings.inc.php is added before the password, then it is MD5 hashed. It would be extremely difficult to get the original password back, though if you have an idea of what the password is, you can try MD5 hashing the COOKIE_KEY followed by what you think the password might be, then compare the hashes. It the hashes match, then you know you've got the right password. This is useful to know if you are having trouble logging in and want to be sure you are using the right password.