Database issues or server?

Amatullah

I use version 1.6 of Prestashop.  The company that hosts my store did some kind of maintenance to change some ISP numbers, allegedly they were not working on my line.  I have a dedicated line.  That was on the 16th of Nov.  I'm not computer literate and have spent the last few years faking it and figuring things out with trial and error and google.  The answers are out there, but it's harder when you don't know what questions you need to ask.  When I logged into my store, it was changed back to my old theme and I was missing about a year and a half of products and add-ons and pretty much everything I've done, certs, etc. for the last 18 months.  I've sent 'help' 'tickets' to the host, which is all you can do.  There is no customer service number.  You get what you pay for.  I've been intending to leave, but was waiting until my year was up.  I've got a backup from November 8th, although I don't know how to install what's missing. 

I've spent many hours searching for some of the products that are missing by moving files to wordpad and searching for leather.  I made some leather chokers and had no products made with leather before this past summer, so that's how I found where, what database my missing product information is.  I couldn't find them anywhere in my cpanel searches, except on my backup under the amatulla_pres286 database.  I have two other databases, one because I used to be on zencart and the other before I updated to the 1.6 version that I am on right now.  It appears to me that my cpanel is not accessing the amatulla_pres286 data base or the information is not longer there.  That's why my store is showing me the previous version and my products and add ons are gone.  My set up shop url switched back to the temporary url I was using while I was updating.  Does that make sense?  How do I get Prestashop to access the right database.  Would me replacing the data base with the backed up copy be something I should try.  That didn't look like it was too hard, but I was afraid I couldn't undo it, if it was wrong.  I'm still hoping the hosting site who should be fixing this will come through, but it's not looking good.  Is this something I'm going to have to hire someone for or is it an obvious problem?  I can't afford someone who knows what they are doing.  I'm sorry this is so rambling.  My site is amatullahdesign.com   Thank you for your time.

Thanks, I re-indexed and that didn't help.  I've never done anything with FTP or even know what it's for, so I obviously need to do some homework before I ask anymore questions.  I really do feel that my site is somehow not accessing the right data base.  It's not just some products I can't access.  It's everything I've posted since I switched to the last 1.6.1.9  version.  Everything I added to the new database is missing, including the new version and logo and the new products.  It's like they rolled me back to early 2015?  Also I just noticed that the Dashboard statistics has the notice to download 1.6.1.9 and before I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, it was notifying me that the next upgrade is 1.7.  I have (or had) 1.6.1.9, but now it appears to think that's next?  If anyone knows of a reason Prestashop would say it's using a data base, on the config page, but still doesn't seem to be using it, I'd like to hear why before I break down and hire someone I can't afford.  Thanks again.

I've never done anything with FTP or even know what it's for ...

This is one of the absolute basics for every owner of a website (and especially for the owner of a complex and demanding shop system like prestashop), like you own a windows computer and do not know what the explorer is for ...

FTP is the explorer for your website.