PS 1.7 Translation unsuccessfully update

jordi_al

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my case I tried to add a translation manually:

SQL query:

INSERT INTO ps23_translation( `id_lang` , `key` , `translation` , `domain` , `theme` ) 
VALUES ( 1, 'Order with an obligation to pay', 'Submit Order', 'ShopThemeCheckout', 'altrezo' ) ;

MySQL said: dot.gif

#1452 - Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`northwe3_pres559`.`ps23_translation`, CONSTRAINT `FK_F874C02DBA299860` FOREIGN KEY (`id_lang`) REFERENCES `ps23_lang` (`id_lang`)) 

I wonder if this is the error prestashop is having.  It's a weird error because the target row DOES exist in ps23_lang.  Completely stumped by this one.

I figured out the issue I was having.  One of my database tables was using MyISAM and the other was using InnoDB.  When I change my tables to InnoDB the issues is fixed.  How this came to pass is a total mystery to me.  I use softaculous or scriptaculous or whatever to install it, maybe their installer is messed up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
IOException in Filesystem.php line 59:Failed to copy "/app/cache/dev/themes/classic/translations/it-IT/ShopThemeCustomerAccount.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.xlf" to "/app/cache/dev/themes/classic/translations/it-IT/ShopThemeCustomerAccount.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.it-IT.xlf" because target file could not be opened for writing.

I have issue with theme translation in prestashop 1.7.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem currently. As soon as I click ''save'' either:

1)the pages disconnect and I have to log in again and start everything from zero

2)Nothing happens and I have to add the translation about 10 times ( if not more) until it is saved

And one more thing. The German translation of ALL the products( and there are 51!!) disappeared and I have to put it back again. 

I should point out that this is simply unacceptable and I hope prestashop team can tackle the issue as simply as possible ( and stop ignoring the messages we send) 

I've talked about this issue with the team. It seems related to access rights issue (and the issue might be different for each one of you :( )

Could you please provide us more information? Feel free to make a new ticket on the forge with the maximum of data (your host, version, recent migration or not, etc...). You'll need to make an account on the forge to create the ticket.

Thank you. :)