Saving an edited product - Does not save changes or show updated message

5ummer5

Hi all,

I have been going round and round AND ROUND in circles about this issue for a while now and still cannot solve it.  I will be as detailed as I can about the issue.

Overview

I have a multistore install setup with 2 shops

I run prestashop 1.6.1.6

The issue

When editing a product (in either store) it doesn't save the information I just entered when clicking "Save and Stay" OR "Save".  It just reloads the page without the information I just entered.

It only manages to save the information every so often, intermittently, there doesn't seem to be a pattern, it just saves when it wants to.  As you can imagine this make maintaining the store with over 2k products almost an impossible task as it take a whole day to update only a few products because of the constant re-entry needed.

Other info

All caches, on prestashop and on the server are disabled.  There is nothing in the prestashop log.  There is nothing in the servers error log.  I have tried using several browsers on 3 machines in 2 locations to see if it a client side issue, it isnt.

I really hope that someone has come across this issue and has been able to resolve it as I am starting to pull my hair out.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this issue!

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have just tried Safari and it seems to be ok 10 times in a row!  I tested with chrome & firefox last week and was having the issues in both so I ruled out that it was a browser issue!  Bloody typical it seems to work ok with Safari.

Thank you very much for your help!

Edited by 5ummer5 (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue, some changes were saving (Enabled, product code) and almost everything else not. A few items of note for the devs.

- Error occurred in both Chrome and Edge but went away with Firefox Dev Edition

- Turning on Debug mode in config\defines.inc.php took away the problem in Chrome but not a long term solution

- Cleared cache, force compile themes, didn't help

So for now, using Firefox Dev Edition

• 1 month later...

Posting my temp unworkable solution here as well:

I downloaded a contained version of Chromium - Version 30.0.1556.0 (210028)

http://commondatasto...Win_x64/210028/

downloaded and extracted the zip package 

https://www.googleap...86000&alt=media

using it as a standalone browser - no install

Prestashop Back Office Product save and update seems to work with this 2013 version

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, yes, chrome in some versions doesn't send fields 'submitAddproduct'  and 'submitAddproductAndStay' in http post request. So i added lines to /js/admin/products.js at the end of $(document).ready() :

$(document).on('click','button[name="submitAddproduct"]',function(e) {
        e.preventDefault();
        $('form#product_form').append('<input type="hidden" name="submitAddproduct" value="1" />');
        $('form#product_form').submit();

});

$(document).on('click','button[name="submitAddproductAndStay"]',function(e) {
        e.preventDefault();
        $('form#product_form').append('<input type="hidden" name="submitAddproductAndStay" value="1" />');
    });

hope it will help somebody

edit: i dont know, but maybe, chrome have problems with fact, that element with name 'submitAddproduct' is actually multiple times in that product form and does not have a value 

Edited by daveyrow (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, yes, chrome in some versions doesn't send fields 'submitAddproduct'  and 'submitAddproductAndStay' in http post request. So i added lines to /js/admin/products.js at the end of $(document).ready() :

e.preventDefault();
        $('form#product_form').append('<input type="hidden" name="submitAddproduct" value="1" />');

});

e.preventDefault();
        $('form#product_form').append('<input type="hidden" name="submitAddproductAndStay" value="1" />');
    });

Hi daveyrow

Can you show me the code after yours is inserted - I'm not exactly sure where to place it .... Thanks so much!

Hi daveyrow

Can you show me the code after yours is inserted - I'm not exactly sure where to place it .... Thanks so much!

Hi , the file is located in /js/admin/products.js

the end of file with added code looks like this this:

please dont forget to ctrl+f5 the admin product page or remove browser cache to reload the loaded js file and report if trouble is gone thx)

var tabs_manager = new ProductTabsManager();
tabs_manager.setTabs(product_tabs);

$(document).ready(function() {
	// The manager schedules the onReady() methods of each tab to be called when the tab is loaded
	tabs_manager.init();
	updateCurrentText();
	$("#name_" + id_lang_default + ",#link_rewrite_" + id_lang_default)
		.on("change", function(e) {
			$(this).trigger("handleSaveButtons");
		});
	// bind that custom event
	$("#name_" + id_lang_default + ",#link_rewrite_" + id_lang_default)
		.on("handleSaveButtons", function(e) {
			handleSaveButtons()
		});

// Pressing enter in an input field should not submit the form
	$('#product_form').delegate('input', 'keypress', function(e) {
			var code = null;
		code = (e.keyCode ? e.keyCode : e.which);
		return (code == 13) ? false : true;
	});

$('#product_form').submit(function(e) {
		$('#selectedCarriers option').attr('selected', 'selected');
		$('#selectAttachment1 option').attr('selected', 'selected');
		return true;
	});

e.preventDefault();

});

e.preventDefault();
    });
});
Edited by daveyrow (see edit history)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...