Can't Access Back Office after upgrade to 1.6.1.8 - Urgent

Hi

I am experiencing a problem with my site I have upgraded from 1.5.0.9 I think to 1.6.1.8 and since the upgrade I can't access my back office. Before the upgrade I couldn't access with Firefox but could with Chrome. Since the upgrade I can't access with any browser.

The login page just refreshes and I get an email from the log but it doesnt give any detail. My site is showing closed for maintenance. I have never experienced this before when upgrading.

I have looked for other instances of this but can only find the ones relating to language but my default language is English so I assume this isnt relevant.

I really need to be able to resolve this issue as the site is now totally useless and off line.

I am still struggling with this. I have tried the cookies thing etc and am trying to clear the smarty cache however, there is 

smarty

smarty1

smarty2

smarty3 etc etc

each has a cache folder containg subfolders and compile containing subfolders, do I delete the lot from each folder or specific files?

Warning: mcrypt_decrypt(): Received initialization vector of size 12, but size 16 is required for this encryption mode in /home/agilitym/public_html/shop4utax.co.uk/classes/Rijndael.php on line 68

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/agilitym/public_html/shop4utax.co.uk/classes/Rijndael.php:68) in /home/agilitym/public_html/shop4utax.co.uk/classes/Cookie.php on line 343

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am experiencing a problem with my site I have upgraded from 1.5.0.9 I think to 1.6.1.8 and since the upgrade I can't access my back office. Before the upgrade I couldn't access with Firefox but could with Chrome. Since the upgrade I can't access with any browser.

The login page just refreshes and I get an email from the log but it doesnt give any detail. My site is showing closed for maintenance. I have never experienced this before when upgrading.

I have looked for other instances of this but can only find the ones relating to language but my default language is English so I assume this isnt relevant.

I really need to be able to resolve this issue as the site is now totally useless and off line.

Hi,

Try to copy your languages from  /translations/language folder of the backup version to the updated version.

There is some bug with localization files, so I hope this will help in your case.

I had the same problem and this solution worked fine.