Problems saving products

joergenaj

I have ps 1.6.0.9. (Not upgradable). Perhaps after a restore of database my problem arose.

When I save save the changed page it sames only rarely and if I'm lucky. Save and stay button does not save or stay but act as Save button, and then there is nothing saved.

Apparently, certain changes are saved always, like items stock, but not text changes.

All ideas are welcome, thanks in advance friends.

THAT SEEMS TO BE TRUE. Thanks, great input....

With Firefox it can be saved, I think it has not failed. With EDGE mostly saving.

So it is browser related, but maybe also PS code. I am quite sure, since I am able to save products without problems in a ps verson 5 with Chrome.

Disabling cache in PS has no influence, I believe it is for the front end.

Emptying cache and cookies in Chrome has no influence. 

BTW:

Wordpress has no problems saving with Chrome, only Prestashop, it seems.

Edited by joergenaj (see edit history)

Thanks for input again. BUT here is a solution somone gave me from other place, translated:

The error is guaranteed that you use a Chrome version is either 54 or more evt.Dev edition (55.X). Firefox Dev alpha also causes problems. It is in Pretsashop the error occur. The problem was discussed many places. If you have had Chrome Developer installed, this error has been for about the last three weeks.

Go to:
/admin-url-adressen/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl

and delete the following:

submitHandler: function (form) {
form.submit ();
},

And I can tell now that it works!

• Like 11

Sorry, but I can´t find in PS 1.6.1.4

/admin-url-adressen/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl

When I go to

admin-url-adressen/themes/default-bootstrap

I can`t find the template folder

Just I have begining whit Prestashop

Thank you for your help!

Hi

i use Prestashop 1.6.1.6

The problem is solved. The only flaw is that clicking the Save button, the data is saved but no longer pass to the page with the list of products, but it remains on the page, as if you had clicked on SAVE and STAY

Hi

i use Prestashop 1.6.1.6

The problem is solved. The only flaw is that clicking the Save button, the data is saved but no longer pass to the page with the list of products, but it remains on the page, as if you had clicked on SAVE and STAY

Same with me (PS 1.6.1.4) ...thx again for the module, if anyone is able to solve this last issue (PS not getting back to product list...) would be my hero :-)

This solves 5 versions... i made these from the forge solution.

choose the appropriate one for your version... unzip the contents, and upload via ftp overwriting the files on the server.

Make sure you upload the contents of the admin folder in my zip to your appropriate admin folder (since it will be named differently).

This is a stand alone solution.  If you tried a module solution remove it so you have no conflicts.

For other versions like 1.6.0.9 you will have to look here:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/6749/files

and try to correlate the changes into your version.

You will need to clear your browser cache, since some edited files are javascript.  ALso you will need your smarty set to recompile if changes... for a moment ...to take effect.

patch-1.6.1.4.zip

patch-1.6.1.5.zip

patch-1.6.1.6.zip

patch-1.6.1.7.zip

patch-1.6.1.8.zip

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This solves 3 versions... i made these from the forge solution.

choose the appropriate one for your version... unzip the contents, and upload via ftp overwriting the files on the server.

Make sure you upload the contents of the admin folder in my zip to your appropriate admin folder (since it will be named differently).

This is a stand alone solution.  If you tried a module solution remove it so you have no conflicts.

You will need to clear your browser cache, since some edited files are javascript.  ALso you will need your smarty set to recompile if changes... for a moment ...to take effect.

Just did and works nicely !!!

Hi guys,

Products saving/updating issues here too. I am running PS 1.6.0.14 and I already applied all fixes that @mdekker & @David Eschmeyer linked here on forums but my product saving/updating works just partially.

When I hit Save (or Save and Stay) on tabs Info - Images - it does save changes to products. But, when I hit Save (or Save and Stay) on tabs Features - Suppliers - it does not save any changes and browser just redirects me to Catalog - Products. I am attaching screenshot for better undertanding (tabs markered green - save is working, tabs marked red - save is not working)

b984d8c49b4a422ab9c0ce43892db56b.png

Note: I tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE - same behavior on all browsers.

What should I do, update to latest version and then apply fixes mentioned above?

Update: I enabled _PS_MODE_DEV_ but no errors are shown, I only got this in Console in Chrome dev tools:

jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4 Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.

send @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
ajax @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
n._evalUrl @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:4
domManip @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
append @ jquery-1.11.0.min.js:3
(anonymous function) @ tiny_mce.js:12

Thanks in advance.

Regards, 

Vedran

Edited by vmarkovic (see edit history)

yes upgrading is an option, be sure to back up first database and files.  If you can wait until 1.6.1.9 it will have the fix in it.  It should hopefully be released rather soon.

Hi @David Eschmeyer,

I updated my shop to 1.6.1.8 and applied all those fixes but issue remains just as in previous post. No errors shown.

What should I do now?

Regards,

Vedran

Hi,

I am using PS v1.6.1.8 for my website. For the last few days in the back office whenever I do some action as simple clicking on a menu, it automatically redirects to the login page. This is happening within few seconds of activity which rules out login expiration (480 hours)

Please help me

Thanks

Sampath

Hi,

I'm using Chrome also for the backoffice, and I just updated from 1.6.1.6 to 1.6.1.8 using the 1.Click.Upgrade, then i commented out the affending 3 lines of code and all seems to be working for me.

As an added bonus, it seems to have fixed another problem that seems to have started at the same time.... the "Print Order" button would not generate anything past 2 pages for the printout.  Not sure this was related, but seems to be working for me.

Hope it continues to work until 1.6.1.9 is released.

Edited by BeatsMe (see edit history)

yes upgrading is an option, be sure to back up first database and files.  If you can wait until 1.6.1.9 it will have the fix in it.  It should hopefully be released rather soon.

Hey let me know when 1.6.1.9. is here so we can make another update. Save button works if I use firefox but it doesn't if I use chrome. 

Same with me (PS 1.6.1.4) ...thx again for the module, if anyone is able to solve this last issue (PS not getting back to product list...) would be my hero :-)

Hi

Just open isaveresolve/js/admin.js

and change all content of this file to this

$(document).ready(function(){
    $('#product_form').prepend('<input id="submitSaveProductForm" name="submitProductForm" type="hidden">');

$(document).on('mouseenter', '#product_form button[name="submitAddproduct"]', function(){
        $('#product_form input#submitSaveProductForm').attr('name','submitAddproduct');
    });

$(document).on('mouseenter', '#product_form button[name="submitAddproductAndStay"]', function(){
        $('#product_form input#submitSaveProductForm').attr("name","submitAddproductAndStay");
    });
});

Thanks

Hi your solution solved the problem with "save button spinning" ?
Tnks

This solves 4 versions... i made these from the forge solution.

Now even firefox doesn't work anymore, I can't acces my back office over firefox at all, opera doesn't work like chrome, and safari isn't compatible with windows as apple and microsoft clash, front office looks total deformed and out of place if safari is used. Now my only hope is explorer but have to find out what prevents me from installing it on my pc first. 

Now even firefox doesn't work anymore, I can't acces my back office over firefox at all, opera doesn't work like chrome, and safari isn't compatible with windows as apple and microsoft clash, front office looks total deformed and out of place if safari is used. Now my only hope is explorer but have to find out what prevents me from installing it on my pc first.

Did you applied the fix or upgrade to 1.6.1.9?

this version fix is uploaded now in my post...

Nooo!!! Im now on 1.6.1.9

I was convinced, that this version would be the solution of the problem ... but I have been wrong

I do not update anymore, and I'll wait for your patch to 1.6.1.9

Thanks for your help and concern...

Edited by Filosso (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Did you applied the fix or upgrade to 1.6.1.9?

No my admin tried a few tricks you posted here but nothing helped and I haven't upgraded presta to latest version yet as I need to wait and see if theme is compatible, awaiting response from theme developer.

Visim da si Bosanac a ja Slovenac ;)

No my admin tried a few tricks you posted here but nothing helped and I haven't upgraded presta to latest version yet as I need to wait and see if theme is compatible, awaiting response from theme developer.

Visim da si Bosanac a ja Slovenac ;)

No issues here after applyng fixes. Hope you get it running soon.

Lep pozdrav tovariš

Thanks for input again. BUT here is a solution somone gave me from other place, translated:

The error is guaranteed that you use a Chrome version is either 54 or more evt.Dev edition (55.X). Firefox Dev alpha also causes problems. It is in Pretsashop the error occur. The problem was discussed many places. If you have had Chrome Developer installed, this error has been for about the last three weeks.

Go to:

form.submit ();
},

Thank you so much for sharing this solution - we have been trying to fix this for weeks. And finally, found your solution which is so simple and easy to fix once you know the issue.

Can confirm this works :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have just commented out those three lines of code as I am having the same problem, but I still can't change product combinations. I restored the code back to how it was, cleared browser and prestashop cache and now I can't select any of the tabs on a product i.e. prices, combinations, quantities etc. Everytime I click on a tab it just goes back to "Information".

Any idea why on earth this is happening?

Hi.

I've my prestashop running on 1.6.1.10.

The issue with me is:

I've created a new product.

Everything went fine up to the point I want to set the product to a category diferente from the home category.

When I hit save or save and stay, the change isn't applied.

The products that were already in the shop before upgrading to 1.6.1.10 allow me to change the association without problem.

Can someone point me a clue?

In syslog I get:

Dec  4 18:16:39 server mysqld: #011#011VALUES (763,'id_shop;id_currency;id_country;id_group')
Dec  4 18:16:39 server mysqld: #011#011ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `priority` = 'id_shop;id_currency;id_country;id_group'
Dec  4 18:16:39 server mysqld: 161204 18:16:39 [Warning] Unsafe statement written to the binary log using statement format since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT. The statement is unsafe because it uses a LIMIT clause. This is unsafe because the set of rows included cannot be predicted. Statement: UPDATE `psdh_configuration` SET `value` = '1',`date_upd` = '2016-12-04 18:16:39' WHERE `name` = 'PS_PACK_FEATURE_ACTIVE' AND (id_shop_group IS NULL OR id_shop_group = 0) AND (id_shop IS NULL OR id_shop = 0) LIMIT 1
Dec  4 18:16:39 server mysqld: 161204 18:16:39 [Warning] Unsafe statement written to the binary log using statement format since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT. Statements writing to a table with an auto-increment column after selecting from another table are unsafe because the order in which rows are retrieved determines what (if any) rows will be written. This order cannot be predicted and may differ on master and the slave. Statement: DELETE FROM `psdh_tag` WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT 1 FROM psdh_product_tag
Dec  4 18:16:39 server mysqld:         #011#011#011#011#011#011#011#011#011#011#011#011WHERE psdh_product_tag.id_tag = psdh_tag.id_tag)

Thank you

Edited by alvesjc (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Go to:

form.submit ();
},

Thank you! That seems to work on 1.6.1.7! and Chrome v59

Edited by wutever0 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem two days ago when I use Google chrome, but If I use Firefox I can save the product.

Thanks the same issue was happening with me, in Google chrome some time i was able to save but mostly it was redirected to Products all List page, but when i tried in Firefox i was able to save my Products quickly.

Thanks again,

Steel Tubes India

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

form.submit ();}

where is this file in prestashop 1.7.04? 

edit*
i upgraded all modules, including 1-click-upgrade and prestashop to 1.7.2.4 and problems solved
Edited by odeg (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Now 3 years later I have the problem with Prestashop 1.7.6.8 ! Also appeared after upgrade. It seems to be a continuation of the problem from 1.6.0.11 already, as reported by so many and solved in this long thread that I read in its entirety: 

I too have the problem with saving products, namely that it takes often about one minute and longer for the process to complete.
Strangely, when I leave the page from lack of patience and return, the changes seem to be saved. However the process of confirming the saving of the changes and reloading the product editing page or the save button has apparently some problem. Sometimes the problem doesn't appear but most often loading circle keeps spinning and save button stays grey for long, if not forever. The behavior is quite random but most often it goes as described, roughly one minute time to save and load the catalogue if that is what I clicked to do - if I click on just "save" then I am not even sure whether the changes were saved as nothing seems happening.
Deleting cache didn't work and changing browser either.

Unfortunately I am neither coder nor technician, so any suggestions must try my technician and programmer. I just wonder how is it possible that problem that appeared already in 1.5 or 1.6 keeps returning, even after I saw someone finding a bad ajax use as the source of the problems.

Edited by serafim
forgot to write my version of presta and that it started with upgrade too (see edit history)