Unable to Make Cron Jobs Run

DanVia

I have prestashop v1.6. I'm trying to run a bunch of the basic cron-jobs you'll find around the sit,e but none of them have ever run on my system. I find myself running through and updating them all manually. Can someone please take a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks! 

post-1322560-0-98227600-1477067087_thumb.png

I would go with the advanced cron job option:

Go into Cron task manager: select advanced: Prestashop will give you the link that your cron Manager needs to fire. Go into your Control Panel of your Hosting Provider and setup the cron job. In the admin section of prestashop you then can define which jobs should be executed at what time.

Please note: The Cron Manager needs to execute the link that prestashop gave you everytime you want a cron to run. So if you have a cron that you want to run every 10 mins just setup the Cron Manager in your Panel to execute the prestashop link every 10mins.

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I have the same need of creating Cron job but out of the 5 I created using the module only 2 works.

Can someone help me explaining how to set up on the server ?

I use OVH and in the admin panel there's this option. When I click n it opens a window with few fields to fill in...and I don't know what to do:

1st field: command to execute (what should I write ? I have the Cron URL but if I copy that gives an error...

2nd field: it ask the PHP version, 7 or 5.6 or 5.5 or 5.4 ...what is the right one ?

3rd filed: log e-mail, here I have the options: NIC Admin ; NIC Tech or Other ...again deep fog for me as I have no idea what it mean

Then it's clear as it just ask frequency...

If anyone would be so kind to explain me what should I put would be really great. Meanwhile I'm using easycron that works ok but still would like to learn...

Thank you !

post-561288-0-04558400-1479055018_thumb.png