Email Problem

pureclothings

Hello,

I need a help regarding my contact form and email. When I send message from my contact form, it doesnot arrives in the admin email address, but it does shows in the admin panel of prestashop in customer services tab. Can you please tell me what can be wrong? It would be much more easier for me to receive it in email because I dont use admin panel frequently.

Looking forward for help.

Regards,

Hello,

I need a help regarding my contact form and email. When I send message from my contact form, it doesnot arrives in the admin email address, but it does shows in the admin panel of prestashop in customer services tab. Can you please tell me what can be wrong? It would be much more easier for me to receive it in email because I dont use admin panel frequently.

Looking forward for help.

Regards,

Turn on the dev mode to see if there are any errors when sending an email.

Are you receiving any email when a new order is placed or any other type of email?

Edited by Daniel Patilea (see edit history)

Turn on the dev mode to see if there are any errors when sending an email.

Are you receiving any email when a new order is placed or any other type of email?

I checked by turning on the dev mode. It showed no error. The order emails are also coming. I sent test emails from Preferences>>Email tab from admin panel. The test emails are also working. I don't know why the message from contact form are also not working. Any clue?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What are you email settings?  Are you using a custom SMTP server, or PHP Mail?

When you use the contact form, 2 emails are sent from Prestashop

1) One goes to the admin to notify them of the new message

2) One goes to the customer as confirmation

The problem usually occurs, because Prestashop tries to send the emails FROM the customer's email address.  Most SMTP servers do not allow for this.  It's called mail relay, and is usually restricted.

If this is the issue for you, then you would need to change the Mail class, so that all Mail is sent FROM a valid email address.