How can i remove the shipping charge field from showing up in the shopping cart summary ?

Anthony_C

You can {* comment out *} the "Total shipping" code in shopping-cart.tpl in your theme's directory. For example, in the default PrestaShop v1.6.1.6, the code is on lines 224-248:

{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0 && (!isset($isVirtualCart) || !$isVirtualCart) && $free_ship}
					<tr class="cart_total_delivery{if !$opc && (!isset($cart->id_address_delivery) || !$cart->id_address_delivery)} unvisible{/if}">
						<td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="text-right">{l s='Total shipping'}</td>
						<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Free shipping!'}</td>
					</tr>
				{else}
					{if $use_taxes && $total_shipping_tax_exc != $total_shipping}
						{if $priceDisplay}
							<tr class="cart_total_delivery{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0} unvisible{/if}">
								<td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="text-right">{if $display_tax_label}{l s='Total shipping (tax excl.)'}{else}{l s='Total shipping'}{/if}</td>
								<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{displayPrice price=$total_shipping_tax_exc}</td>
							</tr>
						{else}
							<tr class="cart_total_delivery{if $total_shipping <= 0} unvisible{/if}">
								<td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="text-right">{if $display_tax_label}{l s='Total shipping (tax incl.)'}{else}{l s='Total shipping'}{/if}</td>
								<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping" >{displayPrice price=$total_shipping}</td>
							</tr>
						{/if}
					{else}
						<tr class="cart_total_delivery{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0} unvisible{/if}">
							<td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="text-right">{l s='Total shipping'}</td>
							<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping" >{displayPrice price=$total_shipping_tax_exc}</td>
						</tr>
					{/if}
				{/if}

• 2 months later...

You can {* comment out *} the "Total shipping" code in shopping-cart.tpl in your theme's directory. For example, in the default PrestaShop v1.6.1.6, the code is on lines 224-248:

{if $total_shipping_tax_exc <= 0 && (!isset($isVirtualCart) || !$isVirtualCart) && $free_ship}
					<tr class="cart_total_delivery{if !$opc && (!isset($cart->id_address_delivery) || !$cart->id_address_delivery)} unvisible{/if}">
						<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{l s='Free shipping!'}</td>
					</tr>
				{else}
					{if $use_taxes && $total_shipping_tax_exc != $total_shipping}
						{if $priceDisplay}
								<td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="text-right">{if $display_tax_label}{l s='Total shipping (tax excl.)'}{else}{l s='Total shipping'}{/if}</td>
								<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping">{displayPrice price=$total_shipping_tax_exc}</td>
							</tr>
						{else}
							<tr class="cart_total_delivery{if $total_shipping <= 0} unvisible{/if}">
								<td colspan="{$col_span_subtotal}" class="text-right">{if $display_tax_label}{l s='Total shipping (tax incl.)'}{else}{l s='Total shipping'}{/if}</td>
								<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping" >{displayPrice price=$total_shipping}</td>
							</tr>
						{/if}
					{else}
							<td colspan="2" class="price" id="total_shipping" >{displayPrice price=$total_shipping_tax_exc}</td>
						</tr>
					{/if}
				{/if}

Hi,

I wanted do do the same and this works perfectly thanks.

How can the same be done for the dropdown cart. Either removing the shipping all together or showing it as 0.00 until signed in.

Thanks.

Hi,

I wanted do do the same and this works perfectly thanks.

How can the same be done for the dropdown cart. Either removing the shipping all together or showing it as 0.00 until signed in.

Thanks.

Got it now... from this post https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/481052-solved-cart-blockcarttpl-hide-shipping-and-show-total-price-without-shipping/?p=2231339

I'm just curious as to why do this?  lol

Hello El Patron,

Long time no chat. Hope all is well.

In this case when not logged in the shipping defaults to the highest price based on default zone. In this case Asia. So this gives a wrong impression of what the shipping will be. One can only know this once registered and the delivery address known.

Hiding the shipping in the cart when not logged in, and indeed in the checkout until the shipping options show up is for me a better option. 

Actually, what I would really like is what appears to be a core funtion in 1.6.1.10 but I don't see how to set it up. That is in the cart block when not logged in to say 'Shipping to be determined'. I don't recall which file that is in but I get a glimpse of it in the block cart as the ajax cart closes when deleting an item and not logged in. When logged in and the item is deleted in the cart you get a glimpse of 'Shipping Free Shipping!' as the ajax cart closes.

I would really like the cart to show Shipping to be determined when logged in or not.

Cheers.

Hello El Patron,

Long time no chat. Hope all is well.

In this case when not logged in the shipping defaults to the highest price based on default zone. In this case Asia. So this gives a wrong impression of what the shipping will be. One can only know this once registered and the delivery address known.

Hiding the shipping in the cart when not logged in, and indeed in the checkout until the shipping options show up is for me a better option. 

Actually, what I would really like is what appears to be a core funtion in 1.6.1.10 but I don't see how to set it up. That is in the cart block when not logged in to say 'Shipping to be determined'. I don't recall which file that is in but I get a glimpse of it in the block cart as the ajax cart closes when deleting an item and not logged in. When logged in and the item is deleted in the cart you get a glimpse of 'Shipping Free Shipping!' as the ajax cart closes.

I would really like the cart to show Shipping to be determined when logged in or not.

Cheers.

Howdy Dave!  Yes,  long time and hope this finds you happy and healthy.

For your requirements I think I've solved the issue you describe, see my latest work Shipping Commander.  It has so many features/advantages it's difficult to describe well but check the front/back office demos.  It supports shipping localization for logged and non-logged and even logged when address does not yet exist.  Now you can safely use your carriers. :)

Fred

Howdy Dave!  Yes,  long time and hope this finds you happy and healthy.

For your requirements I think I've solved the issue you describe, see my latest work Shipping Commander.  It has so many features/advantages it's difficult to describe well but check the front/back office demos.  It supports shipping localization for logged and non-logged and even logged when address does not yet exist.  Now you can safely use your carriers. :)

Fred

Hi Fred

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out and come back to you.

Cheers.

• Like 1