Is there a "non-friendly" category url without language? - SOLVED

Ricky Blunda

Hi

I just got a new menu module which is really great. You can add images to the top menu, but unfortunately you can only enter one url to link the image to.

My site is in two languages, which of course is then a problem. So Im wondering: is there any way to link to a "neutral" category url where the language will be set/redirected once clicked?

Many thanks for any insight...

Edited by Ricky Blunda (see edit history)

I think it's as simple as using the relative url, i.e. only use the category url, without the language

for example this category on my shop:

https://www.prestaheroes.com/en-us/35-module-for-prestashop-16

use in menu only: /35-module-for-prestashop-16

or you can also try this, without language code  (note this link will change to correct user language as known to cookie)

I don't know that this helps solve your question but hopefully it does.
Edited by El Patron (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hello and many thanks for the replies.

El Patrons solution does actually work! For example, you enter the url as "/16-skirts" instead of "en/16-skirts". This does redirect the browser, but it seems to end up correctly on the users chosen language - i.e. the url given in the browsers URL field is WITH the selected language, i.e. "/en/" or "/sv/".

Selectshop: I did write to the developer, but he/she probably wont develop this functionality just for me (without getting paid, of course) so I wanted a workaround.

Im not sure what you mean with creating double content? I dont like that sound of that. Could you explain, please?

Most menus that I have worked with allow me to select the language content for each language menu item.  And I will defer to selectshop.at, i.e. he makes good  point on clean seo that outside my pay range. :)

I'd find a menu module (actually a good theme like Leo Themes) that has selector, 1) category link 2) then select the category....then when the page is served the correct language is built....this solves any seo issue...

The days of buying a 'menu' module should be over, in that quality themes have them built in.

• Like 1