Prices in Front End higher than prices set in back end and problem setting default currency

redtogo

There appears to be a difference of the price set for a product at the back end and price the customer see at Front End. This raises the shown price by about 30% which places the price too high in a competive market.
I also noticed in this latest version that the backend is not working correctly because you change the tax from no tax to 10% GST tax or vice versa then the screen remains the same and only shows the retail price and not the ex gst price and the plus GST price. All of this  needs urgent attention if a person is expected to offer competive pricing.
The difference between the correct price and the price shown on the front end is roughly the difference between the exchange rate between the Australian dollar and the US dollar!!!!!!!
On checking further on this problem I noticed that you can not set the default currency properly as all it shows is Dollar. As Australia and the US both use the dollar sign as currency there is no way to tell if the dollar sign shown is either US dollar or AU dollar. Another problem that should be fixed so that "AU dollar" or "US dollar" is shown so that you will know which currency is set as the default currency.

• 1 month later...

From what you mentioned, I think PrestaShop shows correctly, it is only the currency name or sign makes confusion to customers.

Since USD and AUD both using same sign "$".  Just like @wires pointed, you can change the sign of the currency to something like

USD $

AUD $

I think this should fix your issue.

You can change currency info at back office - Localization - Currencies tab