Nethercott Constructions

rocky

Yes, I noticed that too. It is a problem with using a JPEG for the background. I can improve the quality of the image, but it would mean a bigger image size. The background is currently 36.4KiB. Do you think it is worth increasing the size of the image to improve the quality?

Well, your site is to show people how you can make their sites look good. They don't know the reason behinds it, they only see the end product of your site..... the background doesn't look smooth.....

The problem is that I got that image from PrestaShopic's free RGB theme. I just desaturated it using Photoshop. It is a JPG file and I don't have access to the original PSD file. I'm not sure whether PrestaShopic still has the PSD file or whether they would send it to me if I asked them. Otherwise, I'll have to recreate the background image from scratch, which would be very difficult for me, since I can't create anything that complicated in Photoshop.

If you don't mind reading a quick tutorial and hunting for a new texture, have a peek "over here":http://designshack.co.uk/articles/css/create-seamless-web-background-textures-in-minutes

The second part of the tut is what you're after and they even have a couple of suggestions for texture sites

If you still find your having trouble, I'll knock you up something tomorrow evening if you want, just send me a PM to let me know.

• 4 months later...

For those of you using IE9 beta, I've now added a bigger favicon and jumplist to my site when it is pinned to the taskbar in Windows 7.

I've also come up with a new cleaner design for my website. I've attached a screenshot. Any feedback is appreciated.

30384_VVPj2bugYQiozOLFafRl_t

30385_x1CF8Tk8swdQNpAz3kRn_t

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...