Fixed prices independent of exchange rates.

phil.mcshee

Hi I am wondering if it is possible to set fixed prices in other currencies independent of the exchange rate. I am based in switzerland but when selling to EU countries I would like to display the price in Euros, however we have a different price for the EU not dependent on the exchange rate. 

Is this possible., I am using PS 1.6

Thanks for any help

Phil

Not all the price differences would work out with a single exchange rate, so that is not a solution that would work for me. What I want to do is manually set each product price in each currency. I don't know if this is possible or not. Or if i would need to use multiple shops for each currency. 

if it is just for displaying, you may consider to override Tools::convertPrice() to use hard coded conversation rate.

but there might not be a easy solution, because the currency->conversion_rate is  used every where, even in 3rd party modules.

For Example I have 1 Product that for buyers in switzerland costs 28 CHF (Francs) and to EU customers it should cost 35 Euros, While another product in switzerland costs 39.90 CHF and 56 Euro. so product one is using a rate of 1.25 and product 2 a rate of 1.4. So just using a conversion for this won't work as some Euro prices would be too high and others too low.

oh, I think I got what you wanted to archive now.

in that case, you may need to add new fields to product entity (DB table and PHP classes) so that you can implement that way.

again, it will not be easy, since you need to make changes to a lot of places - you may consider to use prestashop multistore feature to create different store for each currency.