Major issues with upgrade to 1.6

Alexke

So about a month ago Paypal urged me to update to the newest prestashop.

After a while I did and bit the bullet and updated my shop.

1st problem: 

My theme : I used the default theme that came with my instalation and I was happy with that. It worked 90% perfectly.

I did fix this with an 3th party theme now , but this theme has issues as well.

2nd problem :

my image slider doesnt work annymore , I dont know how... it just doesnt work...

3th problem : 

when using mobile or ipad I dont have a menu to browse my webshop. 

4th problem : 

Paypal is bricked on my webshop , and Im not sure how to fix it...

Im starting to give up on my website because of these issues. I am even thinking of doing a fresh install...

If someone can save me ;) let me know . 

Please specify your old and your new version.

Note that many PS 1.4 modules will not work correctly under 1.5 and 1.6. For every module that you keep you should check that the version you use supports the new PS version. You should also carefully check that your theme support the new version (PS sells also themes that don't).

1st problem: 

My theme : I used the default theme that came with my instalation and I was happy with that. It worked 90% perfectly.

I did fix this with an 3th party theme now , but this theme has issues as well.

Contact the author of this theme for assistance. 

2nd problem :

my image slider doesnt work annymore , I dont know how... it just doesnt work...

If this image slider was from your pre-upgraded store, then it likely will not work.  Get a new one

3th problem : 

when using mobile or ipad I dont have a menu to browse my webshop. 

this is a theme issue, again contact your theme provider

4th problem : 

Paypal is bricked on my webshop , and Im not sure how to fix it...

Ensure you are using the latest version of the module, then reset the module.  If you continue to have problems with Prestashops Paypal module, then consider purchasing a module that actually works and is supported.

There is not enough information that we could tell something that would solve your problem.

At this point the best I can say is: hire freelancer or a company to solve your problems.

As alternative you can pick one problem and write detailed description of it (screenshots, links to website, PS versions and other information might be helpful) and hope that somebody on the forum will know the solution.

1 Problem:

If your bought theme you can ask developer of the theme for help.

2 Problem:

Old modules after upgrade might not work. Did you upgrade the module? Maybe you should find a new module.

3 Problem:

It seems like theme problem. Is your theme responsive or mobile compatible?

4 Problem: 

To little information to comment something. There are different paypal module versions for different countries and it seems that in UK paypal does not work at all.