Cart Block - Remove text "Prices are tax excluded"

I searched my entire website files for the text "Prices are tax excluded". I found two instances and removed the text between the quotes/ One was in the cart block files, the other in the admin shipping files.

But the text "Prices are tax excluded" in the cart block is still showing.

How do I get this to go away?

• 1 month later...

when i edit the modules>blockcart>blockcart.tpl to change text only from

{if $priceDisplay == 1}
<p id="cart-price-precisions">
{l s='Prices are tax excluded' mod='blockcart'}
</p>
{/if}

TO

{if $priceDisplay == 1}
<p id="cart-price-precisions">
{l s='Prices include VAT' mod='blockcart'}
</p>
{/if}

my cart disappears.

Any ideas anyone please?

there yu go....

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in /home/ukbedso1/public_html/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl line 30]: syntax error: unidentified token ';' (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 1410) in /home/ukbedso1/public_html/tools/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1095

thanks

Found it.

Went into modules>cartblock and edited the >tpl files to remove the text.

Refreshed my browser page and it was gone.

I tried editing the tpl file to remove the text tax included as well as excluded...no joy, maybe I am not doing this in the right area...what line is it on? Would like the item NOT to say tax included as it is a bit misleading!

Thanks!

hi,

heres lines 1-60

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
</head>

{*************************************************************************************************************************************}
{* IMPORTANT : If you change some data here, you have to report these changes in the ./blockcart-json.js (to let ajaxCart available) *}
{*************************************************************************************************************************************}

{if $ajax_allowed}
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/jquery/iutil.prestashop-modifications.js"></script>
{* to perfectly play the tranfert animation, the script ifx.js has to be called here, but it creates a method conflict with jquery.serialScroll.js file *}
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}js/jquery/ifxtransfer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var CUSTOMIZE_TEXTFIELD = {$CUSTOMIZE_TEXTFIELD};
var customizationIdMessage = '{l s='Customization #' mod='blockcart' js=1}';
var removingLinkText = '{l s='remove this product from my cart' mod='blockcart' js=1}';
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$content_dir}modules/blockcart/ajax-cart.js"></script>
{/if}

<!-- MODULE Block cart -->
<div id="cart_block" class="block exclusive">
<h4>
<a href="{$base_dir_ssl}order.php">{l s='Cart' mod='blockcart'}</a>
{if $ajax_allowed}
<span id="block_cart_expand" {if $colapseExpandStatus eq 'expanded'}class="hidden"{/if}> </span>
<span id="block_cart_collapse" {if $colapseExpandStatus eq 'collapsed' || !isset($colapseExpandStatus)}class="hidden"{/if}> </span>
{/if}
</h4>
<div class="block_content">
<!-- block summary -->
<div id="cart_block_summary" class="{if $colapseExpandStatus eq 'expanded' || !$ajax_allowed}collapsed{else}expanded{/if}">
<span class="ajax_cart_quantity">{if $cart_qties > 0}{$cart_qties}{/if}</span>
<span class="ajax_cart_product_txt_s{if $cart_qties < 2} hidden{/if}">{l s='products' mod='blockcart'}</span>
<span class="ajax_cart_product_txt{if $cart_qties != 1} hidden{/if}">{l s='product' mod='blockcart'}</span>
<span class="ajax_cart_total">{if $cart_qties > 0}{if $priceDisplay == 1}{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(false)}{else}{convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(true)}{/if}{/if}</span>
<span class="ajax_cart_no_product">{if $cart_qties == 0}{l s='(empty)' mod='blockcart'}{/if}</span>
</div>
<!-- block list of products -->
<div id="cart_block_list" class="{if $colapseExpandStatus eq 'expanded' || !$ajax_allowed}expanded{else}collapsed{/if}">
{if $products}
<dl class="products">
{foreach from=$products item='product' name='myLoop'}
{assign var='productId' value=$product.id_product}
{assign var='productAttributeId' value=$product.id_product_attribute}
<dt id="cart_block_product_{$product.id_product}{if $product.id_product_attribute}_{$product.id_product_attribute}{/if}" class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}">
<span class="quantity-formated"><span class="quantity">{$product.cart_quantity}</span>x</span>
<a class="cart_block_product_name" href="{$link->getProductLink($product.id_product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category)}" title="{$product.name|escape:htmlall:'UTF-8'}">{t text=$product.name length='16' encode='true'}</a>
<span class="remove_link">{if !isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId)}<a class="ajax_cart_block_remove_link" href="{$base_dir}cart.php?delete&id_product={$product.id_product}&ipa={$product.id_product_attribute}&token={$static_token}" title="{l s='remove this product from my cart' mod='blockcart'}"> </a>{/if}</span>
<span class="price">{displayWtPrice p="`$product.real_price`"}</span>
</dt>
{if isset($product.attributes_small)}
<dd id="cart_block_combination_of_{$product.id_product}{if $product.id_product_attribute}_{$product.id_product_attribute}{/if}" class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}">
<a href="{$link->getProductLink($product.id_product, $product.link_rewrite, $product.category)}" title="{l s='Product detail'}">{$product.attributes_small}</a>
{/if}

<!-- Customizable datas -->
{if isset($customizedDatas.$productId.$productAttributeId)}
{if !isset($product.attributes_small)}<dd id="cart_block_combination_of_{$product.id_product}{if $product.id_product_attribute}_{$product.id_product_attribute}{/if}" class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}">{/if}
<ul class="cart_block_customizations" id="customization_{$productId}_{$productAttributeId}">
{foreach
  • Like 1

I can't see anything wrong with that file. Are you sure it is the same one on your server? If it is, there isn't anything I can do to help. There shouldn't be an error.

You can go to Tools > Translations> Front Office translations, search for "Prices are tax excluded" and change the translation to "Prices are VAT inclusive", though that is confusing to translate "excluded" into "inclusive". Are you using "tax excluded" prices as "tax inclusive" prices?