Problem with "New products" page

zanpo

Hello everybody, I have a problem with the page that shows all the new products I put in my store. I add new products almost every day in my store, but they are not listed in this page anymore, it only shows the new products up until a certain product, all the new products added after that one, they are not listed anymore.

I think the problem is related to the smarty cache. If I disable the smarty cache from admin and reload the new products page, it works and the new products added are shown, but if I enable the smarty cache back again, they disappear.

I tried to delete the smarty cache manually:

rm -rf xxxxxx/public_html/cache/smarty/cache/*
rm -rf xxxxxx/public_html/cache/smarty/compile/*
rm -rf xxxxxx/public_html/themes/warehouse/cache/*
rm -rf xxxxxx/public_html/img/tmp/*

But nothing works, as soon as I enable the smarty cache, the problem appears. Only this page has problems, all the other pages work fine. I have no idea what is going on, this may be related to the update I did recently to PS 1.6.1.6 but I am not sure.

Also if I try to switch the smarty cache to "Mysql" and click on the "save" button, it doesn't save, and the "File system" button is checked. What can be the cause of this?

Thanks

Not sure  how you added the products.

If you add it at back office - Catalogue - Products page manually, then it should trigger the cache refresh for the new product page.

If you are not adding from there, then there might be a problem.

Not sure  how you added the products.

If you add it at back office - Catalogue - Products page manually, then it should trigger the cache refresh for the new product page.

If you are not adding from there, then there might be a problem.

Yes this is how I add the products, I don't know any other way of adding them.

if you will clear cache manually (by clicking on "clear cache" button)

do you see changes immediately?

No, I tried and it didn't work, that's why I tried to delete the cache manually from SSH