seriously ? Exporting in PS sucks !

c64girl

I have a question why the hell did no one from prestashop dev team think of module or a build in option to export stuff that works ??? The prestashop is not like created yesterday and exporting stuff is like sitting on a cactus on hot desert with snakes when it comes to exporting. And importing thats a pain in anus. Tell me what is the point making export option if prestashop cant export description, combinations, prices and stuff related to products... I think the software should get price for worst export option in the universe. This export options are pointless and not useful.

Edited by c64girl (see edit history)

You are right, but there are modules nad scripts on this forum (many of them free) for exporting data.

Yea 99,9% of them dont work or dont export all data. Other 0,01% are paid ones that still dont export stuff like PS would like/need. Examples that are in 'import csv' have different colum names from those that are created from free modules or paid ones. Sitll You need to figure it out how to select the colums when importing to PS.

You can try Presta Store Manager free for 30 days. This tool exports and imports ALL data. If you need this option more than only for one time, than you should consider to buy that tool. It will save you time and nerves...

Free download on addons site: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/2937-store-manager-for-prestashop.html

I'm personally using this tool since 5 years now, and it works!!

as a reminder i strongly suggest to follow forum rules.

Give your topics concise but well explained titles!
Topics titles must be a short description of the message, so that the topic is more easily found while doing a search. Avoid terms like "URGENT""Help me", etc.

more here: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/394100-read-first-forum-rules-and-best-practices/

together we can make this community forums better :-)