Layered navigation block 2.0.0 issues

4thbasement

I've been trying to set this module up for an eternity without success. 

My prestashop version is 1.5.3.1

Issues:

1. All 4 indexing options end with "Price/Attribute/Url indexing failed"

I couldn't find any documentation on this module so I don't know if indexing is supposed to be done before or after making a filter template, or if it doesn't matter.

2. Trying to add a new filters template ends with "Your filter "My template - 2016-05-26" was added successfully.",however, it never gets listed under the filters Templates. 

3. Considering 1 and especially 2, I don't expect to see anything on the live site ;p but one would hope. Of course, the successfully created filter is nowhere to be found. 

I've tried everything I could find on already existing threads, but nobody really had this same problem. 

Anyone got any insight or ideas? 

Thank you,

Tom

Hi Shokinro, thanks for the reply. 

Yes, I've tried installing and uninstalling/removing, readding/reinstalling both versions 1.8 and 2.0 to no avail..

I don't even remember if this was for this specific case, but I fiddled with permissions too, some things changed, but the problem remained the same.

Any other ideas? This module seems way too great to pass on..

that's really strange, I do not see the problem, is there are error messages displayed when index failed?

you may also try to check if there is any error log available.

I guess it might be something related to your store data, you can try to create clean install of PrestaShop of your version to see if it is the same.

URL indexing failed is the only error I get. How to check the error log? And since I'm working on a live site, I don't want to risk messing anything up by reinstalling Prestashop. Last time I tried to mess with presta, everything went to hell :).

Looking at the code, I see it's an AJAX request that performs the URL indexing. I suggest that you open Firebug, then try re-indexing and see what error occurs. If it's just a blank response, try editing config/defines.inc.php and changing _PS_DEV_MODE_ to true, then you should get a detailed message that will help us understand what's wrong.

Hi Rocky, thank you for the feedback,Firebug doesn't shows anything specific for trying to build index in the layered module. It's complaining about a line of code from a different module(bluepay/views/js/bp.js), but this occurs when loading ANY page in BO... 

Error:

$(document).ready(function() {

Looks like a question for bluepay developers :)

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true)    crashes the live site but shows nothing in BO when indexing. 

Warning: Memcache::getextendedstats()[memcache.getextendedstats]: No servers added to memcache connection in .../classes/cache/CacheMemcache.php on line 49

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in.../CacheMemcache.php on line 51

and then a bunch of [PrestaShopDatabaseException] complaints.

Can that have anything to do with it?

:unsure:

You can try disabling the Bluepay module temporarily to see if it fixes the issue. Maybe go to the Advanced Parameters > Performance tab and temporarily disable the Memcache at the bottom too. If you still have a problem, then it would seem you've got a problem with your database. In that case, it's hard to help without having access to your website and database.