Intermittent cannot connect to website errors (and 500 errors)

I am in need of desperate help!

Firsly, a little background I have installed on shared servers with the same provider 4 different prestashop websites. I have configured this one in the exact same way and after hours of searching can't find anything different that I have done.

What happens:

I must re-iterate this is an INTERMITTENT fault, there is nothing that causes it and it doesn't happen on a specific page, it can be front or back end .etc

Users will be met with a very long page loading time and then eventually get a cannot connect to the website or a 500 internal server error page or sometimes a MYSQL error appears too (Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1040] Too many connections)

I have been on to my hosting provider who have now checked my server 5/6 times and assure me there are no error messages or logs on their end at all. I finally got on to tech support chat at the exact time the issue was happening, the only thing they said they could see was that there were multiple php processes running at the time.

URL is www.the-rashop.org

Any ideas? I've probably put 10+ hours into this already trying to figure it out.

"Too many connections" is definitely a server issue. Simply, you don't have enough connections to your MySQL database server, from time to time. And your server admin should know what it is and offer some solution - to increase number of connections, change hosting plan.

This is a good article that will have various tips on how to solve, assuming you hosting plan allows you to solve.  If shared not likely but if vps it may be possible. 

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/too-many-connections.html

also you mentioned 500 errors, you will need to provide the underlying php error to have chance at solving.

here is more on ps debug mode:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/