PS 1.6 randomly does not send out New Order email?

intandem

Hi!

We noticed that on several occasions recently, PS did not send out the New Order email to the shop's email address. Both Payment Accepted and Order Confirmation emails going to the customer are sent out fine, just not the New Order email that goes to the shop. Although on one occasion the Order Confirmation email also did not go out to the customer, just the Payment Accepted one.

We cannot figure out what might be causing this? The orders are generated correctly in the backend, so there isn't an issue with the payment gateway not connecting correctly back to the web server to complete the order (we had this issue in the past but not in recent months).

Has anybody ever had the same issue? Can you suggest where I might look to find the issue?

I am attaching a screen shot with the issue orders highlighted (customer email addresses blacked out). post-83006-0-18980100-1463992470_thumb.png

Edited by intandem (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

hi intandem, were you able to figure out what was causing the issue? we are experiencing the same problem, I would say one out of every 10 orders is incorrect. The store does not receive confirmation email, neither does the customer and the cart in the order (back office) is empty. The payment is received correctly.

We have not been able to identify a common issue such a browser, payment method, etc. 

Can anybody shed some light please? This issue is directly impacting our sales, any assistance will be highly appreciated. 

hi intandem, were you able to figure out what was causing the issue? we are experiencing the same problem, I would say one out of every 10 orders is incorrect. The store does not receive confirmation email, neither does the customer and the cart in the order (back office) is empty. The payment is received correctly.

We have not been able to identify a common issue such a browser, payment method, etc. 

Can anybody shed some light please? This issue is directly impacting our sales, any assistance will be highly appreciated. 

For me it happens when paypal and the site have two different totals, like when a sale item is bought.  It's a rounding issue I think......

Suggestion:

Open ./classes/Mail.php and within the send function, ad a logger like this :

public static function Send($id_lang, $template, $subject, $template_vars, $to,
        $to_name = null, $from = null, $from_name = null, $file_attachment = null, $mode_smtp = null,
        $template_path = _PS_MAIL_DIR_, $die = false, $id_shop = null, $bcc = null, $reply_to = null)
    {
        if (!$id_shop) {
            $id_shop = Context::getContext()->shop->id;
        }

PrestaShopLogger::addLog("Mail: Init Send: to $to bcc $bcc $template $subject ", 1, null);

This logs to the database and you can see the result in your logfiles section from witin PrestaShop backoffice.

If the log does not show up, the send function is not called for some reason.

If the log shows up but no mail is sent out, the problem is somewhere connected to Mail.php.

My guess: There are malformed special characters in customer addresses or names.

Edited by Scully (see edit history)

I had a several problem a while ago. When i checked my translations i got the message that some files where missing from the translations. I fixed this manual by uploading the missing files and the problem was solved. Its worth to check if every file is there! Especially when you just upgraded your shop to the last 1.6 version.