BO load time >= 10s, normal?

Hello,

I'm a newbie to prestashop.

I've just upgraded my installation to PS 1.6.1.5 and I use Warehouse Theme 3.7.5.

I'm configurying it but the BO seems very slow to me. Each action in the BO needs, at least, 10sec.

I have no reference with prestashop so I don't know if it's normal and if I have to become used to.

Thanks

PS: on the other hand, the FO seems relatively responsive to me

Edited by El Embajador (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I am in the same boat with you, I also use warehouse theme, and upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6.1.5 also.

I expressed this issue to the theme developer and he said it is prestashop fault and nothing to do with his theme. I even pointed out that the Save button keep spinning issues as well. I switch back to my old theme, the website is loading as fast a normal. And he also said issue with memory limit, I even asked the host for temporary increase to test it to see if I need to upgrade the host, but the issue still there

So dont really know what to do either

replicate slow issue

back  office-->advanced parms-->performance-->disable 3rd party modules

replicate slow issue (do twice)

if response time goes down then you have 3rd party module slowing everything  down.

back  office-->advanced parms-->performance-->enable 3rd party modules

to find a module(s) that are causing issue you will need to disable (better to uninstall) each 3rd party module until slow goes away

performance savvy have other methods to resolve but for most of us,  this is while tedious about all we got :)

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)

HI El Patron

Thank you for your advice, will give it a go, but these 3rd party, if it is being disable then the theme would not work anymore right ?

When I switch back to my old theme, everything was back to normal so it is one of the modules on the theme itself. 

Also, would upload the original admin folder from prestashop to replace the current one, is that an option also ?

Edited by heovang (see edit history)

HI El Patron

Thank you for your advice, will give it a go, but these 3rd party, if it is being disable then the theme would not work anymore right ?

When I switch back to my old theme, everything was back to normal so it is one of the modules on the theme itself. 

Also, would upload the original admin folder from prestashop to replace the current one, is that an option also ?

I understand even if you isolate what do you do?  If theme module and can isolate to issue the original dev would be able to help more.  It is important to make back ups during this and  gather as much detail and understanding of the problem.  Another use feature of ps is ps profiling, in the same file we enable/disable ps debug set this to true:

define('_PS_DEBUG_PROFILING_', false);

then visit the slow page and scroll down to see report.  Note: this enables for fo/bo and anyone can see so set back to false when not actively running profiler.

Hope to hear good results.