Information email to customer about choosen carrier

nanowax

Hello,

I ask for your advice:

I have several carriers, some have their own modules, some not and for these I need to send customers email about informations, that goods will be ready to pick up after 2 days or something like that. I mean, that customer received standard email like order information, bank transfer information and another email with carrier information. But I don't know, how to achieve that, could you help me please :)

Thank you

In confirmation mail is name of carrier only, but I write example, why and what I want to achieve

I have for example central warehouse in Brno, from with we send all webstore orders and we have classic store in Prague, where customers could pick up their orders (after we send them there from Brno and receive it in Prague), store in Praque are not ours, just friendly store, with who we cooperate, so customer can't go 5 minutes after order pick up goods (with is not there), but he must wait for example 2 days.

I know, that many customers doesn't read any information (many times we have personal pick up from customers from another side of country and when we call them few days later, they are supprised, what they choose...), so I want to send them imediately after they do order email, where will be explain all things, that goods will be ready at branch day later or something like that. We cooperate with several these stores, each has different opening hours, somewhere you can pay via credit card, somewhere not, so I need somehow achieve, that if he chooses carrier "Pick Up in Prague", he receive email about pick up in Prague, if he choose "DHL carrier", then he received information about DHL.

It should be send in same time together with Order Confirmation email, but separate.

In Order Messages I can't set any condition, if I put in one mail information about all carriers and pick up stores, no one will read it :(

Or maybe You or someone could advice me, how to set to each carrier individual starting order status, to with I can define emails.

Thx

The order message can only send emails to the customer for that order and the content is what you entered as is.

In your scenario, you will have to create additional mail template and then send separately.

You may need to modify /classes/PaymentModule.php or its override class where the order confirmation is sent, to prepare required information and send the new email after sending order confirmation email.

• 2 months later...

I solve this by this way at the end.

I create special order status, to with I assigned information email and use modules Payment2Carriers to restrict payment methods to each carrier and Universal payment module to create payment method, with has set as default order status, with I created before.