UK Sellers and PayPal the official (?) status

My existing module is:

Payments and Gateways
PayPal v3.10.2 - by PrestaShop

As you can see it says it is by Prestashop and we have used this for years. But apparantly it is not by Prestashop but a "partner" Developed by 202 ecommerce 

Now, we have heard of changes to PayPal which will require the modules to be updated to they can use TLS 1.2. From what I can tell this is a server AND module change requirement.

Looking at updating the free module by prestashop : http://addons.prestashop.com/en/1748-paypal.html

It now says it is not compatible with the UK. I have tried contacting the developer and received no response. The page points UK sellers to a paid for module, a very expensive paid module. 

It is evident at this stage that UK sellers are being singled out to have to purchase a module, whereas everyone else has a free module

Shocking! Not only for new sellers. But all those existing UK sellers who are now being "forced" to pay for a system that everyone else gets for free.

The only response I have had is from the addons website chat system

"PayPal Direct Payments is for PayPal pro accounts
10:27
it's the only paypal module that works in the UK and US
10:32
I'm sorry to hear that
10:33
But currently the Europe module does not work for the UK
10:36
UK sellers are not being singled out. There are different terms so at the moment we haven't come up with a free module. The free module is provided by a partner agency.
10:37
And again, it's not the same module. PayPal Direct Payments offers different features.
I can offer you a 10% discount for your order but apart from that I won't be able to help you further."

So be warned UK sellers. Your free PayPal module will stop working very soon. And at present we have no alternative but to go for a paid module

Please note that the "paid module" mentioned above only allows credit card payments it does NOT allow customers to pay via their PayPal account

So in effect for UK sellers there is no "official" way a customer can pay via PayPal. I am aware of other third party modules however

From Prestashop on Facebook

"I got the answer! The partnership that we have with PayPal does not cover the UK, that's why the module is displayed as incompatible"

And

Still, I have a trick that a developer shared 2min ago.

And

"For these merchants there, it is quite possible to use the module, they need only temporarily change their country, empty the cache, install the module and return to the country of origin".

I have not tested that, and don;t intend to until I am forced to

Still, I have a trick that a developer shared 2min ago.

And

"For these merchants there, it is quite possible to use the module, they need only temporarily change their country, empty the cache, install the module and return to the country of origin".

I have not tested that, and don;t intend to until I am forced to

We tried that and got the module installed. But as soon as a customer changed their country to UK at checkout the payment option disappeared, so won't help.

We have now removed all Prestashop PayPal modules (we used the free one as well as the paid for Prestashop module before) completely and are using our payment provider Sagepay for ALL payments. Sagepay offers a PayPal integration, so our customers can still pay via PayPal. We had to do this anyway, because the current PayPal integration does not comply with EU legislation in several points (for example order confirmation page after checkout does not show a complete summary, which got us into trouble with several legal audits).

I appreciate this is not a valid option for a lot of smaller merchants, that cannot afford a merchant account + payment gateway just yet. This is a real shame and I hope someone will come up with a simple integration for PayPal payments. It's in Prestashop's interest as well, otherwise you might see people migrate to different shopping carts, that offer paypal integration out of the box.

I still like Prestashop as a platform. We started very small and have since grown rapidly. I have to admit though, as soon as your requirements become more complex (PCI DSS, Consumer Protection, EU legislation, more complex shipping scenarios like free shipping on different carriers and international shipping) and your company grows, Prestashop becomes a bit of a nightmare and money sink. I have regretted our decision to start with Prestashop more than once and little things like this PayPal Module issue show this. I stopped counting the late nights I spent trying to fix some weird error and stopped people paying or accessing certain parts of the site.

When I upgraded to the latest PayPal module I had a nightmare, trying to get it working again and ended up pulling the old module from one of our backups and reverting back to 3.10.2.

• Like 1

Totally disgraceful! I found out that the module might not work and asked if Prestashop's Payments Direct module did the same thing as the PayPal Europe Module.

Was told it did - only to find out it merely processes credit cards - after I'd bought it! Now waiting for a refund! We signed up for PayPal Payments Pro and now No way for UK users to accept payment by PayPal account at all now! 

The 'EUROPE' Module WILL support payments from places Like Andorra, Russia and even Asia - some not exactly large e-commerce sectors and some not even physically IN Europe. Yet for the second largest e-commerce market outside of the USA - and IN Europe - The UK it is not supported!

Check Out the Prestashop link below... PayPal seem to think the module DOES still work for the UK as their UK page points (logically enough) to The PayPal Europe Module as the UK solution for Prestashop!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/shopping-carts

This Module used to support the UK and someone obviously made a conscious decision to end that support. (Without informing us OR PayPal)  I suggest that that decision is revisited rapidly or anyone using Prestashop in the UK will be moving ecommerce platforms. Ultimately it is up to Prestashop to come up with a solution to this!

• Like 2

Ive had the same problem, just upgraded my store to the latest version and on checking every thing was  ok found paypal no longer works .After reinstalling the free module found out it was no longer compatiable with uk prestashop stores. After contacting prestashop as above was told I would have to buy a very expensive module. We have just set up our site useing dropshippres as a cheap easy way to set up a new buisness. The plan was to take payments in paypal and then send the money via paypal to pay the dropshipper so they can post goods out the same day.

looking through most of the payment gateways its going to take between 5 and 10 days to get any money into my account which means I will have to pay for any orders out of my own pocket and have payments paid back into my personal bank account. This is not ideal as i wanted to keep my buisness seperate from my personal finaces.

so now I have a website that cant take payments untill I can find a solution to this problem

, any advice would be much aprechiated.

Edited by stephaniejane (see edit history)

But be careful with that Prestashop recommended very expensive module. I do not think it allows PayPal payments from customers paypal accounts. It allows your customers to pay be credit / debit card and the funds go to your paypal account.  

I dont have the funds and dont see why I should have to pay well over one hundred pounds for a module that was free and is free for all other countries. I am looking for an alternative but dont really know where to go with this as all the alternatives dont seem to fit in with the way we want to work.

Hi stephaniejane

The developer has intentionally removed support for the UK in the PayPal Europe module, it used to work just fine and supported us as being 'in Europe'. For whatever reason the have removed that support - still can't get a reasonable answer to why that might be! 

Either Prestashop or the developer are shooting themselves in the foot as this is just going to totally piss off UK users who see it as discriminatory, and rightly so when counties like Hong Kong, Singapore and Russia are served by the Europe module and we are not!

The 'GB' code is missing from these lines in classes/AuthenticatePaymentMethods.php

public static function getCountryDependency($iso_code)
    {
        $localizations = array(
            'AU' => array('AU'),
            'BE' => array('BE'),
            'CN' => array('CN', 'MO'),
            'CZ' => array('CZ'),
            'DE' => array('DE'),
            'ES' => array('ES'),
            'FR' => array('FR'),
            'HK' => array('HK'),
            'IE' => array('IE'),

public static function getPaymentMethodsByIsoCode($iso_code)
    {

// WPS -> Web Payment Standard
        // HSS -> Web Payment Pro / Integral Evolution
        // ECS -> Express Checkout Solution
        // PPP -> PAYPAL PLUS

$payment_method = array(
            'AU' => array(WPS, HSS, ECS),
            'BE' => array(WPS, ECS),
            'CN' => array(WPS, ECS),
            'CZ' => array(),
            'DE' => array(WPS, ECS, PPP),
            'ES' => array(WPS, HSS, ECS),
            'FR' => array(WPS, HSS, ECS),
            'HK' => array(WPS, HSS, ECS),
            'IE' => array(WPS, HSS, ECS),

Putting that back is a start, however it still messes up install - You get a back end in French as it replaces the translation in en.php with French!

Only way to get it to install around this is to ensure you have say Hong Kong as a country listed in Localisation -> Countries, then temporarily change the store default location to Hong Kong. This allows installation of the module using English and allows you to configure the module  and save entries.

Finally, go to Localisation ->Localisation and return country default back to United Kingdom and check that PayPal module country is now showing United Kingdom also :)

Baz
  • Like 1

i have sent off questions to prestashop, 202ecomemrce (module developer) and PayPal and no satisfactory answer from anyone yet

There is this module

https://addons-modules.com/store/en/standalone-modules/10-agile-prestashop-paypal-express-checkout-module.html

Not free, but works. It does have it's limitations though. For example the "free/ old" module would allow a paypal form with the credit card payment feature seperate so we could use it for PayPal accounts and non-paypal account users without confusing them with "when you get to paypal, click the check out as guest option"

There must be a lot of others in this situation, wonder how they got around it .

My guess is that the vast majority of Uk sellers will not even be aware until PayPal suddenly stops working in June

This seems a very strange, does it mean that sites in France etc. cannot take paypal payments from UK ?

No, they should be fine with that scenario. It is just us UK based sellers that are being victimised left without a working paypal option for free

Hello everyone,

As you have noticed, the free module PayPal Europe (this one) isn't available for the UK (after the recent update 04/11/2016). I also got several questions about it on the social networks. Unfortunately, I couldn't answer you because I was missing too much information.

Here is what I know now: 
We (PrestaShop) had a local contract with PayPal for several country but we hadn't the BN codes (Build Notation). (For more information about it: link)
We have now these BN codes and haven't any contract in order to allow our merchants to use the free module PayPal in UK. This is why you can see in the description that the module isn't compatible.

So, what are we going to do now? Working on a new contract with Paypal in order to fix this issue. When will we get this new contract? I have no idea for now. :(
I'll keep you informed as soon as I have a new information. 

For now, I suggest you check ukbaz's post (thank you ukbaz by the way)
  • Like 3

Hi Antoine

Many thanks for the clarification - and the update regarding UK compatibility.

As we both know it doesn't take much to get the module working in the UK, so most people will be able to 'get along' until Prestashop gets the new contract and is able to re-assimilate the UK back into Europe - where it belongs :)

Here's hoping it won't be long for those UK users with less ability to edit code.

It has always worked well, and The Payments Direct module suggested as a UK replacement doesn't offer payment by PayPal account at least not that I could see when I bought it!

So hopefully the UK will be 'European' once more soon!

Thanks again

Barry

• Like 3

Hi Antoine

Many thanks for the clarification - and the update regarding UK compatibility.

As we both know it doesn't take much to get the module working in the UK, so most people will be able to 'get along' until Prestashop gets the new contract and is able to re-assimilate the UK back into Europe - where it belongs :)

Here's hoping it won't be long for those UK users with less ability to edit code.

It has always worked well, and The Payments Direct module suggested as a UK replacement doesn't offer payment by PayPal account at least not that I could see when I bought it!

So hopefully the UK will be 'European' once more soon!

Thanks again

Barry

Hello ukbaz !

Yes you're right about the Payments Direct module. :(

I hope the trick you shared will help people while we're waiting to get the contract. :)

Cheers,

I hope PrestaShop creates a paypal module for free like it should have been from the start.

I can't depend on a fix for a module that has been changed from free to 200$

Wouldn't mind if it was 20$ or something but some of us are just starting out and can't afford 200$ for something that's usually included free on other platforms.

Edited by sounds (see edit history)

Tried installing as another country, but every time I save it comes up with the message

Erreur !

You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won't be able to accept payment.

which i have done

Still stuck with a shop with no payment gateway :angry: :angry: :angry:

My guess is that the vast majority of Uk sellers will not even be aware until PayPal suddenly stops working in June

@haylau (how do you tag people??) Where did you find out about the 'June' part?

@Antoine Flavigny - thank you for the update. Was Prestashop going to email people about this or what...? Was there a memo I missed?? Or am I not following a topic that keeps people updated about such important/critical information? It shouldn't take several, worried, desperate people running around in circles and asking why why why what what what, on a forum topic, to get an official answer to this....!!?? I was so excited about using Prestashop (currently building 3 stores) now I'm just nervous (unless I haven't been following important threads). I've also spent well over $1000 on modules, building my stores...and praying this isn't money flushed down the toilet! :/

Edited by kinderyumUSA (see edit history)

This whole situation is horrible. Quite frankly the whole truth is not being told here. The module was disabled because PayPal did not pay PrestaShop money. 

I have written an article about it and I have included an updated module that unlocks all of the PayPal payment options for all of the countries in the world. You can read it here, https://dh42.com/blog/prestashop-paypal-uk/ 

• Like 2

This whole situation is horrible. Quite frankly the whole truth is not being told here. The module was disabled because PayPal did not pay PrestaShop money. 

I have written an article about it and I have included an updated module that unlocks all of the PayPal payment options for all of the countries in the world. You can read it here, https://dh42.com/blog/prestashop-paypal-uk/

Hi,

I can not view the module???

Hello everyone,
I've shared this information (about this Paypal addon issue) with most of the managers in PrestaShop.

I hope PrestaShop creates a paypal module for free like it should have been from the start.

I can't depend on a fix for a module that has been changed from free to 200$

Wouldn't mind if it was 20$ or something but some of us are just starting out and can't afford 200$ for something that's usually included free on other platforms.

I'm also currently pushing sounds' idea of developing a new addon (PayPayl). WARNING: I can't confirm anything now! We have only begun to talk about it.

As I said earlier, I keep you posted on this case. :)

PS: Thank you sounds for the idea.

hmmm thanks but now customer get a blank page after paying, I tried with error reporting and it is blank too...any idea????

Click on services, http://screencast.com/t/TPD3qZQGQ  Then the product, http://screencast.com/t/PK0RSWSVp0  and the download is on the left, http://screencast.com/t/dyYLXTvv  

Its a bit confusing, we just migrated to this system, sorry about that. 

Stephaniejane, Can you try now, our system makes us hand validate everything because of fraud. 

ccw0103, I do not know the cause of the blank page, is error logging enabled on your server where the error is logged to a file? That might help figure it out. 

Hello Dh42, I had not seen your post :( so thank you ! I  B)

Some thought still needs to be put in for the UK sellers on your cloud hosting. So please make sure your team negotiate nicely (and quickly) with PayPal before they are stuck

This is just an all around bad situation. There is no good spin about it. PrestaShop disabled many people's only payment method because they want more money out of Paypal. That is the bottom line. 

Some thought still needs to be put in for the UK sellers on your cloud hosting. So please make sure your team negotiate nicely (and quickly) with PayPal before they are stuck

Hello haylau,

I forwarded the issue to the Partnership Team. I'm sure that they are doing their best but I can't tell you when they will get a new contract for the UK. Of course, we want to fix this issue as soon as possible. We simply hope to get an answer from Paypal UK.

This is just an all around bad situation. There is no good spin about it. PrestaShop disabled many people's only payment method because they want more money out of Paypal. That is the bottom line. 

This is indeed a bad situation. I'm currently doing my best to transmit the information and see what we can do. 

What has this got to do with prestashop getting paid?

They just need to create a free module for paypal payments, plain and simple, and why haven't they already?

And why are they allowing other developers to create modules and charge us 200$

there must be 100's of developers on here that could easily put this module together.

But nobody has, what does that say for prestashop?

I posted a free version of the module on our site this morning, with an explanation about the getting paid part. https://dh42.com/blog/prestashop-paypal-uk/

As for what this module would cost in dev, looking at it I see it costing easily 10k, if not 15k or more. The module is fairly complex and is not thrown together. It supports 4 different payment types, refunds, logging in with Paypal. It is a very complex module. 

hi,

i installed the module but when goto the payment page and click paypal i get this error

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2016-04-27T20:20:11Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

I'm not sure what to do yet,

All I know is when I added my country IE to the paypal eu module it worked, but that's just me checking out as a customer in Ireland.

So I'll miight run into the same problem for other countries when they try to checkout with paypal, maybe not, if I add the UK also.

I don't mind paying for someone's hard work, but when something was free then all of a sudden becomes 200 bucks, I dunno.

Thanks Dh42 will give your module a try.

I'm not sure what to do yet,

All I know is when I added my country IE to the paypal eu module it worked, but that's just me checking out as a customer in Ireland.

So I'll miight run into the same problem for other countries when they try to checkout with paypal, maybe not, if I add the UK also.

I don't mind paying for someone's hard work, but when something was free then all of a sudden becomes 200 bucks, I dunno.

Remember that 200 bucks is for a module that doesn't actually allow the customer to pay with their paypal acount :/

Edited by kinderyum (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My checkout has an option that says pay with your credit card or paypal account

I didn't upgrade the paypal europe module, added my own country, either way I probably shouldn't use this module for now.

H6bfTA.jpg

Yeah, I meant THIS module is $200 - yet people are saying it only allows customers to pay by credit card, not their actual Paypal account. You must have the free Paypal Euro Module V 3.10.2 (same as me) which works now (credit card and paypal account) but will stop working in June.

There are 3 modules that people are talking about, and I think some people might be getting confused (easy to do). To save any one getting confused, here are the 3 as I understand it:

1. Paypal Direct Payments Module. Costs $200 and will work after June (?) and works for UK sellers/shops but people are saying it currently doesn't allow customers to pay with their paypal account (go figure!). And... it's $200.

2. Paypal Europe Module Version 3.10.2. Currently works for UK sellers/shops but will stop working after June due to Paypal's new TSL 1.2 requirement (which the module doesn't have).

3. Paypal Europe Module Version 3.10.6 (upgrade for number 2 above). Will work after June but doesn't support UK sellers/shops (due to Prestashop and Paypal UK not having a new contract in place yet - but hopefully will soon *fingers crossed*).

You are wrong about the TLS support. There are two basic ways a module can connect SSL and TLS. SSL is no longer used, it is outdated. While you can specify in your calls what version to use, the paypal module does not. It simply says "use the version on the server" which always tried the highest version first. See, this is not a module issue, it is a server issue. TLS is underlying software on your server, not something to do with the module.  

The version of the module we released here, https://dh42.com/free-prestashop-modules/paypal-world-wide/ it supports TLS 1.2 and above. So there will be no issues with the module itself come June. If you get an alert, it means your server does not support it and you will have to get your host to upgrade the software on your server. 

Hi DH42

Am using Website Payments Pro in UK - does your rewritten module allow for separate capture/authorisation. Using the current module I can only get this to work using website Payments standard option - this works and Payment Status sets to - Awaiting PayPal Payment and there is an option in back office to take full or part payment

When I switch to Website Payments Pro option  - and keep Authorization/Manual capture (payment shipping) set to on, it no loner allows for separate capture and takes payment immediately on PayPal. Back Office Orders tab states Pending payment capture, however order status now reads Payment remotely accepted, and no longer an option to capture after authorization.

thanks

Baz

I understand all the frustration for the companies in the UK and as far as I understand Prestashop is looking for an option.

But....

Don't know if they realize, a lot of other countries (like us in New Zealand) were also using the free Europe Paypal, and are now trapped too.

For us here in New Zealand the old version of Europe paypal worked fine and perfect.

Until a couple of days ago. Suddenly people get a totally different currency when clicking on paypal. I have looked everywhere as I didn't had AUD activated anywere.

After reading this story I can only assume that we too are now doomed and need to buy the extremely expensive sollution?!

Or does anyone have any suggestions for Paypal users in New Zealand?

Hi again,

@Dh42 I have installed your module but every time i try to configure, I keep getting the message

Error !

You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won't be able to accept payment.

I have gone through the whole process numerous times filling in all the API information but still keep getting the same error message.

Hi again,

@Dh42 I have installed your module but every time i try to configure, I keep getting the message

Error !

I have gone through the whole process numerous times filling in all the API information but still keep getting the same error message.

I get the same error: You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won't be able to accept payment.

Can't save any details, country etc.. any idea ?

Where are you guys getting your API Credentials from exactly? Do you have a Paypal Business Account or are you using a Sandbox/Test Paypal account?

Hello everyone,

As you have noticed, the free module PayPal Europe (this one) isn't available for the UK (after the recent update 04/11/2016). I also got several questions about it on the social networks. Unfortunately, I couldn't answer you because I was missing too much information.

Here is what I know now: 

We (PrestaShop) had a local contract with PayPal for several country but we hadn't the BN codes (Build Notation). (For more information about it: link)

We have now these BN codes and haven't any contract in order to allow our merchants to use the free module PayPal in UK. This is why you can see in the description that the module isn't compatible.

So, what are we going to do now? Working on a new contract with Paypal in order to fix this issue. When will we get this new contract? I have no idea for now. :(
I'll keep you informed as soon as I have a new information. 

For now, I suggest you check ukbaz's post (thank you ukbaz by the way)

Looks like not everyone is working with the same understanding

Finally got a reply from 202ecommerce who say

We actually found an error on the module for people who already used the moudule for the UK.

Because normally the module Paypal Europe is not valid for the UK, but the old version did not block the PayPal UK users.

So therefore we have in this new version let the old users UK and blocked nouveaus souhaitet that use the module.

But it turns out that blocking encounter a bug, our teams are in the process of working for a new version correcting this bug and allow the former users to offer PayPal on the site. 

And

former merchants who already use PayPal will no longer be blocked.

But new marhands Uk wishing to use the module not be able to.

So it looks like at some point the "free" module will still be free for existing UK sellers, just not new ones

Still a horrible situation. The bug fix was not hard to be honest. But the real issue is there is a bug in it with writing the config sometimes and also the translations are now hard coded to french. So everyone going forward will have a hard coded french translation. 

Still a horrible situation. The bug fix was not hard to be honest. But the real issue is there is a bug in it with writing the config sometimes and also the translations are now hard coded to french. So everyone going forward will have a hard coded french translation. 

Good point

I actually hope prestashop will come up with their own solution, for an ecommerce platform of this size PayPal should be a built in option.

There is some bug with the module, I have seen it on one shop, but it is not happening on any of our dev shops. So I have no clue what is actually going on. But you can edit the database directly to add the values. 

Thanks for your response.

Now I'm getting this error while check out and there is no paypal icon at check out.

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2016-05-05T08:34:28Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10001
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Internal Error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Timeout processing request

Log into your site with php my admin. Then go to the configuration table, http://screencast.com/t/R3pyxQhj9  Once you are there search for these there rows, http://screencast.com/t/WsjPK1RS  Make sure the 

PAYPAL_BUSINESS_ACCOUNT is set to 1, then set the others to your api key values. 

Hello,

I've been running a prestashop in Greece for some time now without any problems using Paypal. Recently I updated to the latest Paypal module version and all was working ok, orders went through and money came in.

But, as soon as I decided to change the seller account (to another verified business paypal account) using new API credentials I got the error " You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won't be able to accept payment." The old API info stayed there and orders kept coming in to my old Paypal account.

However, using the above instructions I edited the info directly in the database and all seems to be working ok with my new API credentials. Thank you Dh42..!

My Problem is solved :) Thanks a lot DH42.

For you Pattihis: My findings that migh help you as well.

1. Make sure your SSL is activated.

2. Make sure your default currency in Prestashop is correct.

3. Make sure your default(all other currencies) are listed in Paypal Account.

4. Make sure All currencies have proper case like EUR not Eur.

Now I guess once do managed to check all these it would work fine.

Regards :)

Do not use this module. 

If you happen to accidentally install it and it broke your shop, leave a review for the developer here, https://www.prestashop.com/en/web-agency-partners/platinum/202ecommerce

This module does not work for the UK.

Hello Dh42, could you please tell me why it doesn't work? We aren't talking about the paid addon here. I mentioned the free one that people use.

The issue in the original thread was that the module does not work with UK shops. This new module does not work with UK shops, so it doesn't solve the issue. I tested it and another community member tested it too. 

Hello everyone,

I have good news :): I confirm that the Paypal Europe module (ID 1748) is available also in UK. >> Link

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.

This is becoming a joke, I can confirm that the new PayPal Europe Module v3.10.7 does not work for UK shops. Install it and you will still be greeted with:

Your country is not available for this module please go on Prestashop addons to see the different possibilities.

I am new to Prestashop and have spent almost £500 setting up my UK shop with it to find that I can't even take payments with it in the UK with PayPal. I am now considering my options for dumping it and getting my money back if this continues.

This is becoming a joke, I can confirm that the new PayPal Europe Module v3.10.7 does not work for UK shops. Install it and you will still be greeted with:

Your country is not available for this module please go on Prestashop addons to see the different possibilities.

I am new to Prestashop and have spent almost £500 setting up my UK shop with it to find that I can't even take payments with it in the UK with PayPal. I am now considering my options for dumping it and getting my money back if this continues.

Hello fmachinefun,

I totally understand your reaction. (Unfortunately, I don't have the technical knowledge in order to do the tests myself). I'm sharing news about the situation, I'm sending an email to 202 Ecommerce about it.

Hi Antoine

I too can confirm that the UK code is still removed from their latest version, 3.10.7

There are also issues with PayPal Pro payments, maunual auth/capture and in-context checkout with PayPal standard. Overall the module is a complete disaster. Prestashop and it's users deserve better!

Hello fmachinefun,

I totally understand your reaction. (Unfortunately, I don't have the technical knowledge in order to do the tests myself). I'm sharing news about the situation, I'm sending an email to 202 Ecommerce about it.

Thanks, any reply from 202 Ecommerce?

Looking through this forum it is shocking the lack of attention that they are giving to what are basically their customers if they are making a comission of every sale put through their payment solution. To be honest I would be re-evaluating your partnership with them as they are creating problems for your shop system rather than supporting it. To lock UK users out over a payment dispute with PayPal is hardly good practice and would make me worried about having a company like that as a "partner"

I am totally gobsmacked that PayPal isn't a built in part of the Prestashop deployment (it is integral to every other shop system that I have evaluated), you guys are missing a trick as the comissions should be coming your way.

Uninstall the paypal module totally, then delete it. Then install the other module. If you still get the error clear the file cache in the back office of you shop from the Preferences Performance. 

Guest locen

Hi, I'm going to transfer in another server because the actual server does not support sha-256, tls 1.2, http 1.1..if i will transfer website all will be ok? i'm in Italy.

prestashop version 1.6.0.9, paypal version 3.8.1.. i must update paypal version?

thanks

Edited by locen (see edit history)

Hi Antoine...

The ongoing saga of the PayPal Europe module continues!

I have just placed a bug report here:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-3778

Not only does the 'revised 1.3.10.7 still give issues in the UK, it also has problems with Payments Pro Payment handling. It does not allow capture from withing Prestashop, nor does it set order status to anything other than pending capture - even after payment is captured!

Can someone at Prestashop PLEASE look at this module as a matter of urgency? It was supposed to be a 'partner' module and should at least work for all options available. It doesn't - and hasn't for some considerable time.

Other users using PayPal Pro Payments must have noticed this too??

Best regards

Baz

Guest locen

i don't know this but I must upgrade my module to this version for upgrades that will be realesed on 17june: sha-256, tls 1.2, http 1.1

bugs are very big?

This is what was sent to me. 

lol the released the newest rev, you can make it worldwide if you want but they released it with a tpl needing editing still, (double smarty close tag and paypal image url bad)

it may be pulled in a few minutes though
so those mistakes can be corrected

v3.10.8 has no UK support as well. As for what "Add authorized UK accounts" means is a mystery to me. I have had a PayPal business account for over seven years but I guess that isn't good enough. I am at my whits end with Prestashop having spent £500 setting up my new shop with it only to find no native PayPal support for UK businesses is scandalous.

"PayPal Europe" - That description falls a bit short under the trades description act.

• Like 1

v3.10.8 has no UK support as well. As for what "Add authorized UK accounts" means is a mystery to me. I have had a PayPal business account for over seven years but I guess that isn't good enough. I am at my whits end with Prestashop having spent £500 setting up my new shop with it only to find no native PayPal support for UK businesses is scandalous.

"PayPal Europe" - That description falls a bit short under the trades description act.

Exactly fmachinefun, have held a Paypal business account for a decade, I'm new to Prestashop but built my site with it precisely because it was recommended as compatible with Paypal. Now I've wasted weeks of time and hundreds of £ only to be fobbed off with lies and half truths.

Paypal 'Europe' module does NOT work in the UK, even with a decade old Paypal business account in good standing.

Paypal 'International' module does NOT working in the UK, even with a decade old Paypal business account in good standing.

The message I get is:

Your country is not available for this module please go on Prestashop addons to see the different possibilities....

Like others I REFUSE to spend £200 on a module I should get for free, what is going on Prestashop, you are letting down thousands of UK customers who trust you, rely on you, recommend you... well, formerly anyway, there are a LOT of very angry people now.

• Like 1

The worst of it is the module that they are trying to get every UK business to buy will not even accept PayPal payments, it is for accepting card payments through PayPal and not for accepting PayPal payments at all.

We have been thrown into a canoe without a paddle as it drifts towards a waterfall and it is obvious that Prestashop are not bothered in the least that a "partner" of theirs has done this to Prestashop customers.

Edited - I need a speel chucker ;-)

Edited by fmachinefun (see edit history)

No, sorry, downloaded and installed the DH42 module, then 'updated' it and it doesn't work either.

This is what I'm getting with the DH42 (updated) module: