PayPal UK - Europe?

ukbaz

Hi

Am currently using Prestashop v 1.6.1.4 and PayPal Europe module v3.10.2. va ebeen using PayPal Europe module for years with no issues on a PayPal Business account.

Store is in the UK. I notice that now PayPal Payment Direct is suggested for the UK an is a chargeable module , not free as in PayPal Europe.

What is the distinction and why is UK now a paid for PayPal module? Is the UK no longer in Europe?

Thanks

Baz

• Like 1

I have asked the developer, but no response yet (202ecommerce)

I also want to know if we do not upgrade the module, will it still continue to work. Reports are suggesting that if you do upgrade it could stop working 

Module will need upgrading to at least the latest version (3.10.6) by June as PayPal are upgrading to TLS v1.2 in June, so current module will not work as no support for this. As far as I can see TLS1.2 support only just enabled in 3.10.6 version.

I'm very curious to know why UK is the only country that seems to be destined for a pay for module to handle PayPal

No response from Devs'

I have also contacted prestashop directly on their twitter and facebook pages. Still waiting for a response

Well the latest version of the module (3.10.6) states not compatible for UK on install, so looks as though after June anyone in the UK using Prestashop and PayPal will have to pay for the privilege - Only seems to be the UK and Ireland singled out for this 'special treatment' though - all other 'Europeans' get FREE! 

• Like 1

Well the latest version of the module (3.10.6) states not compatible for UK on install, so looks as though after June anyone in the UK using Prestashop and PayPal will have to pay for the privilege - Only seems to be the UK and Ireland singled out for this 'special treatment' though - all other 'Europeans' get FREE! 

Well, the latest version doesn't work properly neither in CZ... 

someone should hack existing us or eu module, and create PayPal 'world'....:)

I Think ALL UK users should make strong complaints to Prestashop over this - there is no other module paid or otherwise that does what this one does. Hell in the code, even the default language is en-GB, so they don';t mind using our language as default, but deny us the ability to use it????

This used to support UK users but now doesn't - no warning, no advice - Shameful behaviour by Prestsahop!

You are right El Patron, it seems Prestashop no longer deem the British to be Europeans - are they backing Brexit?? !!!

• Like 1

Has anyone tried adding the "Custom Payment Method Module" as a work around? Just wondering if this would allow those of us in the UK to offer PayPal? That said - it's not a free module but, at least it's not the £135 - only accepts credit/debit card payments via PayPal - module.

Has anyone tried adding the "Custom Payment Method Module" as a work around? Just wondering if this would allow those of us in the UK to offer PayPal? That said - it's not a free module but, at least it's not the £135 - only accepts credit/debit card payments via PayPal - module.

Have you checked with the developer. It does not look as though it actually connects with PayPal (or any other payment system). i

so from the last post i gather the only version then is the paid one available to us in the UK? which im not going to pay no matter what.....i pay fees to paypal on my transactions i refuse to pay them to use the module so they can get the fees.....my new site isnt up and running properly yet - been hanging around to see whats happening with paypal...i have paid for the domain but i would rather lose that small amount of money than pay to use paypal.....my other site is working fine for now.......so im just going to sit back and let the big guns sort it out.....like i said....i am NOT paying for a module that i already pay fees on my  transactions  ESPECIALLY when other countries are getting it free......im sure some one will say the module and paypal are run by different sources...... I DONT CARE who runs what....i am NOT paying for it......it will take time im sure but i will look for other ways to sell..... rant over :-) have a fabulous day folks

thanks Dh42..... im afraid im a bit module and website challenged....and probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to things like this.....however i did click the link downloaded and installed the "new" and it didnt work for me.....still in french as it was before.....but thanks for the info...... have a good one :-)

Everytime: 

1. <b>PayPal response:</b>
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2016-04-30T23:18:09Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10725
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Country Error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> There was an error in the Shipping Address Country field
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

PrestaShop version 1.6.1.5

UK