Show base price in catalog

HAIRWEBSHOP

Hello,

We just migrated from WooCommerce to prestashop.
It migrated both the base price and the final prince.

It only outputs the final price inside of the catalog, but we also want to output base price on the catalog.

From $10

Now $8

Can someone please help me?
Thank you in advance!

If you set discount at product level via "specific price", then price will be displayed as following(example of 15% discount). This PrestaShop default theme.

But the GUI displaying will be different from theme to theme, below is PrestaShop 1.6x default theme,

post-111278-0-62500300-1460165835_thumb.png

Edited by shokinro (see edit history)

Hello shokinro, and thank you kindly for your reply.

We use the default bootstrap theme with various of customisations.

At the product level, I can see that all products has a selling price from let's say €11,20 and a specific price set to €8,95

Still, it won't display any discount price like in your screenshot, am I doing something wrong?

I am under pressure from my employer, but as far as I can see, the migrations went well.

Thank you.

Edited by HAIRWEBSHOP (see edit history)

Is your store a clean installation of PrestaShop?  

You can try the demo products and set Specific Price at back office - Catalogue - Products - Product editing page, Prices tab.

if the discount is not set as x%, but set as amount discount, then GUI will be changed as following.

You may look into the theme file itself to check why yours does not show up ad it should be.

Or you may try to use the demo product and compare with your product settings, to see what is the  cause - I guess it must be something settings related to product and customer (group).

Edited by shokinro (see edit history)

Thank you for your reply.

We use a fresh install of prestashop and we migrated our WooCommerce products to Prestashop, so we have about 5000 products.
I've compared the prestashop demo backoffice at http://demo.prestashop.com with ours.

The only difference is that the specific price for the demo product has an impact percentage of -20%
Our prestashop products only specifies fixed prices, instead of impact percentage.

My employer wants me to configure prestashop so that is shows the original price and discounted price (possibly with percentage)

if you are not able to figure out why it does not show, you may just try to modify the theme by yourself.

try to identify the place where price is displayed in your theme file(it is discounted price), and then add original price displaying as following

Tax excluded:

{l s='Original Price:'} {$product->getPrice(false, null, 6, null, false, false)}

Tax included:

{l s='Original Price:'} {$product->getPrice(true, null, 6, null, false, false)}

Thank you, shokinro, will try that!

The only thing that I can think of is that the price reduction will only be triggered when I specify the impact percentage, instead of the fixed price.
But because the prices was migrated from WooCommerce this way, we can't just change 5000+ products.

We have no choice but to use the fixed price.

Is it also possible to show discount percentage as well?

The only thing that I can think of is that the price reduction will only be triggered when I specify the impact percentage, instead of the fixed price.

No. The 2nd sample I posted in previous messagem actually was fixed amount discount (-$10) as shown below again.

post-111278-0-15786700-1460207549.png

Just in case, to make sure if we are on the same page,

Is the price displayed on your product page is a discounted price or original price currently?

If it is original price, then maybe you price discount is based on customer group and region, the discount may be not applicable for current user.

Your help is much appreciated, thank you.

WooCommerce works one way, and that is inserting the original price, and if necessary, insert a discount price.
As far as I can tell, in Prestashop, the retail price seems to be the "original" price and the fixed price is the "discount" price.

For example.

The retail price is : € 20,- (original price)

The fixed price is : € 10,- (dicount price)

The products in the Prestashop's catalog only outputs the fixed price of € 10,-, rather than first outputting the retail price, and then the fixed price.
There is no discount in percentage to be found either.

I see that the prestashop demo specified (minus 20 percent) and the product in your screenshot specified (minus $10.00)
Our fixed prices do not include the minus, hence why it probably won't trigger the discount.

This is basically the only thing left that I somehow need to do before we can open the doors to our new Prestashop.

I hope I'm,making sence here ;)

This is basically the only thing left that I somehow need to do before we can open the doors to our new Prestashop.

The Specific discount is limited by region and customer groups, please check the setting of specific price to see what is the limitation.

Make sure the Specific price is applicable to all regions, currency, product combinaiton and customers groups.

You try on one product - removing current discount setting and add new one to see if it fixes.

And make sure it applies to all 

Combination Currency Country Group Customer

Make sure the Specific price is applicable to all regions, currency, product combinaiton and customers groups.

I've checked, the specific price is not limited to Combination, Currency, Country, Group, Customer.

I tried re adding a new specific price manually, but this gave the same result.

Again, I can see from you screenshot that your specific price is set under "Imact" at minus $10.00.

Our specific prices are set under "Fixed Price". This is how it was migrated.

shokinro,

LitExtension offered us to create a tool that calculates the impact percentage.
This way we can migrate the impact percentage, thus solving the problem.

We are aware the the prices are being rounded.

Will let you know when it's finished, thank you.