Send to a friend module not working

Hi to all,

I am using Prestashop 1.6.0.6 for more than a year now. Everything is fine but lately the module "Send to a friend is not working". In particular nothing happens when I click on the relative link in the product screen. The usual form to fill in name , email address and text does not appear any more.

Here is a link to a product page on my site: http://usedparts.gr/index.php?id_product=4216&controller=product&id_lang=2

Thank you for your time and help

George

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I am experiencing similar problem as described by geochrist, unfortunately his solution doesn't solve my problem. Please can someone help me with a the solution.

This is the link to my product page https://www.kisshoes.ch/de/home/11-mhoneiro.html#send_friend_form. You can observe from the product page url that the page is on send a friend form page but the form is not visible. I can find any form to fill.

Thank you for the support

Joel 

Hi Rocky, thank you for the message. I was fortunate to come across your message because it landed in my spam box.

I have removed my website from maintenance mode. Please go ahead and check the problem.

Thank you for taking your time

Hi Rocky, thank you for the message. I was fortunate to come across your message because it landed in my spam box.

I have removed my website from maintenance mode. Please go ahead and check the problem.

Thank you for taking your time

im not sure how it works in your theme, but the code:

$(document).ready(function(){
$('#send_friend_button').toggle(function(){
$('#send_friend_form').parent().show();
}, function() {
$('#send_friend_form').parent().hide();
});
});

should allow to display / hide send to a friend form.

paste it at the end of:

https://www.kisshoes.ch/themes/warehouse/js/modules/sendtoafriend/sendtoafriend.js

Ok vekia, here is what I discovered as I followed this path "https://www.kisshoes.ch/themes/warehouse/js/modules/sendtoafriend/sendtoafriend.js"

the module sendtoafriend in my warehouse theme is virtually empty. Only sendtoafriend-extra.tpl is in it. Obviously, the sendtoafrind.js is not inside the module. However, in the modules folder in the public_html is where sendtoafriend.js can be found, but unfortunately it is empty, no script written on it.

what should I do in this case?

Thank you

Great! vekia,  thank you so much for the piece of code. Now the form show when i click on sendtoafriend button and can send a message.

However, two issues exist still. Firstly, the form doesn't pop-up as a stand alone form. The information on the sendtoafriend form lie behind other information on the website. Secondly, the exit button doesn't work.

Anything I do to solve the issue?

Thanks for your help

Hi everyone, the send button of my sendtoafriend function is not working. It was working when the sendtoafriend form did not align fine on my website, now that I corrected the alignment problem the send button stoped working.

PleaseI need a help if someone knows what could be causing the problem.

Thank you

Hi everyone, the send button of my sendtoafriend function is not working. It was working when the sendtoafriend form did not align fine on my website, now that I corrected the alignment problem the send button stoped working.

PleaseI need a help if someone knows what could be causing the problem.

Thank you

Still one jQuery error is there. 

post-401934-0-64564700-1471533267_thumb.png

Edited by archSandy (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Hi,

I have same problem. This solution by vekia:

$(document).ready(function(){
$('#send_friend_button').toggle(function(){
$('#send_friend_form').parent().show();
}, function() {
$('#send_friend_form').parent().hide();
});
});

Works but ony on desktop versin. On mobile devices message form is still open in modal. And after press send button do nothing.