Missing Product Detail on Order - Nothing in Table/Email

Jhorene

Hello,

I have a shop running on Prestashop 1.6.0.14 for the last year. We upgraded this shop from an old 1.3 version. 

Everything has been running great and now we have run into something very weird. 

A client placed an order and all emails were sent but there are no product detail on the order. It only shows the customer details, total and payment method. I looked inside the DB tables and you can see the order there but when you go into the product detail table there is nothing there. How can this happen and how can I stop this from happening again?

the order before it has all the product detail in it and the order placed after this one, - but this one doesn't have any product detail recorded. Is there any way of recovering this? 

Please shed some light on this for me as I have no idea what to do and keep this from happening again.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jhorene

• 2 weeks later...

O solved this issue with solution from here https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/483630-bug-161-1-1612-classesstockstockavailablephp/?do=findComment&comment=2194032

It is a bug in file Core/Business/Stock/Core_Business_Stock_StockManager.php at line 126

you should have like this:

$stockAvailable->quantity = $stockAvailable->quantity + $delta_quantity;
$stockAvailable->id_product = (int)$product->id;
$stockAvailable->id_product_attribute = (int)$id_product_attribute;
$stockAvailable->update();

• 2 months later...

Found the solution! After searching for hours on the web, I gave up and tried to fixed it on my own... BAM! Did it in 5 minutes!

Here's the fix:

copy the following files from mails/en to the folder of your language (ex: themes/yourtheme/mail/ro):

order_conf_cart_rules.tpl
order_conf_cart_rules.txt
order_conf_product_list.tpl
order_conf_product_list.txt

And as Vekia mentioned, it is related to the Payment Module. In this case I was using the Cash on Delivery payment.
This is a pretty shitty bug in PS because when you want to edit the email templates into other languages, the files mentioned above don't get copied in the specific language folder.
Btw... thanks for replying so fast Vekia!

Also speaking of email templates bugs... if I try to edit any email template from the admin (not the English templates) and hit Save, it screws up the formatting of all the email templates. Good thing I had them backed up locally. Anyone is experiencing this problem as well?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thank you dpcdpc11 for your reply, I have copied the email files over but not sure if it fixed it now. It shows the products on my test order, but the real test will be if someone else places the order.

Is there any way of retrieving the products that was part of those orders which are showing up blank? So I can at least see what the products were and process the order? 

I'm using two different payment methods and on both of them the orders come out blank just out of interest. BACS and a Payfast credit card one. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Jhorene

Is there any way of retrieving the products that was part of those orders which are showing up blank? So I can at least see what the products were and process the order? 

Usually you can find them in the associated shopping cart. It is the process of copying form the cart to order_detail that fails.

Hi MusicMaster,

Thank you for the reply. 

I've managed to find the order details if I go to Customers > View the specific customer on the admin side. So luckily the orders can be processed. 

Will the fix at the top of the email files be sufficient to stop the problem of the copying from the cart to order_detail? I'm so worried that even though my tests are fine this happens again later on.

Regards,

Jhorene