enable SSL problem

jon@funsockcity.com

Ive recently upgraded to V1.6 and need to enable HTTPS. When i click the link to see if my shop supports HTTPS. I am redirected to what appears to be the V1.5 backend login page. If i login it accesses the 1.5 backend. Is this correct? if i enable HTTPS in the V1.5 backend will it also inable in the V1.6 backend?

TIA

Jon

Ive recently upgraded to V1.6 and need to enable HTTPS. When i click the link to see if my shop supports HTTPS. I am redirected to what appears to be the V1.5 backend login page. If i login it accesses the 1.5 backend. Is this correct? if i enable HTTPS in the V1.5 backend will it also inable in the V1.6 backend?

TIA

Jon

No its not correct.  If you upgraded your store, then why do you still have a v1.5 store accessible?  Sounds like your upgrade failed, or you did it incorrectly.

My guess would be that something went wrong with your update and not all files have been replaced. The logical solution would seem to replace your admin, classes, controllers, css, js, tools and webservice directories with those of a fresh PS 1.6.1.4 installation. You might also need to replace the config directory but that would mean copying the old settings file.

However, as this seems to be a production environment I would be very careful with such experiments and make a good backup so that I can easily go back to the old version. Best practice of course is to make the changes first in a test environment (a copy of your shop) and upload that when you finished testing.

Also. it might not help if the trouble is in the database. 

It would be interesting to know what PS version is mentioned in your config/settings.inc.php file and which version in the configuration table of the database (PS_VERSION_DB). Both versions must be somewhere. 

PS. It is not advised to publish the full url of your backoffice. So you better modify your post a few entries back.

Edited by musicmaster (see edit history)

define('_PS_VERSION_', '1.6.1.4');

Is in the config.inc.php however i don't have a table PR_VERSION_DB

Will replacing the mentioned folders (admin, classes, controllers, css, js, tools and webservice) cause any other problems as far as being able to access the backend?

Edited by [email protected] (see edit history)

I think i may have found the issue...it appears that there are conflicting files. I was not the first one to install prestashop so i dont know why but the subdomain store.funsockcity.com has the folders (admin, classes, controllers, css, js, tools and webservice) but these same  folders are in the publicHTML directory. Somehow the subdomain must be accessing the other folders as well...because the config.inc.php in the publicHTML directory is totally different than the one in the store subdomain.

if i delete the files in the publicHTML will that cause problems?

Yes i understand that. What im saying is that the subdomain http://store.funsockcity.com is pointing to the store folder but the prestashop installation is pointing to both the /store and the main directory.

It appears that the upgraded 1.6 files are located in the /shop folder but prestashop is also looking at the main directory for some things. This may be the reason that there are both 1.6 and 1.5 versions showing up as the /store was upgraded but not the main directory files.

What do you think would happen if i were to access the 1.5v backend and use the 1 click upgrade for the remaining files in the root directory?

Should i change the shop domain to funsockcity.com and the base uri to /store/? or should the shop domain stay store.funsockcity.com and the base uri change to /store/

It is a bit difficult to see what is happening at your server. I assume that those two "installations" use the same database.

I assume that that database has been upgraded. As I suggested a few posts ago you could check that by looking in the [ps_]configuration table for the key I mentioned. If this database is already upgraded upgrading it again will either not work or may cause problems. 

Did you ever move the store from one directory to another?

It is hard to say what you should do as long as the situation isn't clear.

Ok, this is what i did and it worked.

I changed both the shop domain and ssl domain from store.funsockcity.com to www.funsockcity.com

I changed the base URI from / to /store/.

Everything seems to have straightened itself out. I am now able to check if my site supports HTTPS without seeing the 1.5 backend and can then activate SSL.

Thanks for your help in looking at possible issues, it helps to have others to bounce ideas off of and figure things out!