Label "your Cart Is Empty" Keeps Appearing, Item In Cart.

davency

Hi everyone.

If have a problem with Prestashop 1.6.1.4.

Even though there's an item in the cart, the label saying "Your cart is empty" keeps appearing.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

are you using PrestaShop default theme?

if not, it might be related the theme your are using. check related theme file to see if it the message "You cart is empty" is well conditioned.

(not sure if it is in cart block or cart summary page, it might be in different location).

Ok, problem is solved. If this may happen to anyone else in the future, check this:

Add the "unvisible" class again in your custom css file and set it to "display:none".

Don't know where it was overwritten or whatever happened to it. But it works now.

• Like 1

This visibility has to be dynamically, if the shopping cart is really empty, then this message should be displayed.

This visibility should be set conditional, something like 

{if isset($empty)}
<p class="alert alert-warning">{l s='Your shopping cart is empty.'}</p>
{/if}

• 3 months later...

Can you be more specific as to where to place this code.

I am running 1.5 (after dowgrading from 1.6).  fairly fresh install with a custom theme.  When a user is logged in, site seems fine, but if not logged in and placing thing in cart, once going to check-out or trying to login, the cart is then emptied.  I thought it was something with cookies or the use/exclusion of the www in the domain, but I've tried this for the past 10 hours and I'm still stumped.

Site is at duinokit.com