Accidentally Placed A Main Category In The Subcategory

Mikkel Madsen

Hello,

I accidentally placed one of my main categorys in its own subcategory. So now the whole category is gone, I cant seem to fix the problem. 

And now, when I edit a product which had that category, then I cannot save it or even see the products category page.

Hope some of you guys can help me out.

it may also cause dead-loop issue when calculate number of product in a category recursively.

you have to change the category-parent relationship from back office - catalogue page or may have to use database tool to correct the relationship in database table directly.

ps_category

it may also cause dead-loop issue when calculate number of product in a category recursively.

you have to change the category-parent relationship from back office - catalogue page or may have to use database tool to correct the relationship in database table directly.

ps_category

Thanks for the answer.

Can you please explain how to change the category parent relationship? 

Can you please explain how to change the category parent relationship? 

The ps_category table has a field id_parent. That is the id_category of its parent category.

But - as I mentioned - changing that value is not guaranteed to solve the problem as nleft-nright problems may linger behind.