Modules Loading Slow

I noticed recently that the modules are taking 2-3 minutes to load.  It just happened over the last couple of days. I dont think anything was changed on my server.  I know the load time was an issue in prior versions of Prestashop but I thought it was fixed in 1.6.1.2 and above.

Loading time is a hot potato. Many things can go wrong to that issue. Some of them:
1) Shared hosting - few resources against a heavy site with big database
2) Low quality coding concerning some modules (duplicated functions, many comments etc)
3) Low quality coding in the core itself

Personal suggestion/suspicion: What modules did you install during the last days? Did you make any customization? Are you suspicious for being hacked? Are you sure that the hosting provider didn't change anything on the server that you are located?

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply. I dont believe any new modules were installed but I am also not receiving notifications that modules need updated.  How would I check if we've been hacked?  I previously ran a virus scan on the website and nothing was found.  I have the developer option in Firefox but not sure how to narrow the issue down to a specific module.

Help no 1

post-354701-0-77357500-1457295435_thumb.png

1. Right Click -> Last element of the menu (in greek is "Check") [Google Chrome]

I've heard also about a Firefox addon named "Firebug" and "Network" tab where you can check execution time of every single file that is being called by the server (trying to figure out how it works)

post-354701-0-74150400-1457295316_thumb.png

2. "Console" tab in Google Chrome (where you can view errors if any)
===

Help no 2

presta installation

/config/defines.inc.php -> line 28

if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);
}

Change false to true and save

This way any errors that occur show in your browser window

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After upgrading to 1.6.1.5 first everything worked fine, but suddenly I had a slow module page as well. After enabling dev mode i got a permission error on the files /htdocs/config/xml/. Fixed it with the following command:

sudo chmod 777 -R /your-prestashop-folder/config/xml
Edited by maxalerator (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I, same problem here with 1.6.1.20. I've tried changing permission to the folder

/your-prestashop-folder/config/xml

fromt 755 to 777.

Seems it's going faster but if I enable the DEBUG MODE in Module page I see this errors:

Unknown error alla linea 85 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_base has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 1007 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_fault has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 1095 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_xmlschema has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 2067 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; soapval has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 2169 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; soap_transport_http has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 3474 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_server has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 4597 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; wsdl has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 6532 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_parser has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 7183 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/buyster/lib/nusoap.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; nusoap_client has a deprecated constructor

Notice alla linea 5 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/mynewsletter/mynewsletter.php
[8] Constant _PS_DEBUG_SQL_ already defined

Unknown error alla linea 610 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/cron/modulesamdha.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 1333 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/cron/modulesamdha.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor

Unknown error alla linea 1347 nel file /my-presta-folder/modules/cron/modulesamdha.php
[8192] Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor

And in front end these few lines (front end speed is good as the other pages in back office that are not Modules):

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON has a deprecated constructor in /my-presta-folder/modules/cron/modulesamdha.php on line 610

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor in /my-presta-folder/modules/cron/modulesamdha.php on line 1333

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor in /my-presta-folder/modules/cron/modulesamdha.php on line 1347

Notice: Undefined index: connected_site in /my-presta-folder/modules/mailchimpintegration/mailchimpintegration.php on line 105

Anyone can help me please?

Regards.

Fast update to my previous post: I checked all the module mentioned in the errors above and they were all old or not directly installed, so I deleted them.

I just don't understand why in FO i see the last message about

" Notice: Undefined index: connected_site in /my-presta-folder/modules/mailchimpintegration/mailchimpintegration.php on line 105"