Cannot Edit Product.

Hello,

I am using prestashop 1.6 and from a few days I cannot edit any product. Photos, prices, information etc. After clicked to any mentioned function it cannot be loaded. I would like to note that I have not done any update recently. Have anyone had similar problem? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

s-piotrek

No it is not a local installation. I have commented following linies in /js/admin/products.js

/*In order to prevent mod_evasive DOSPageInterval (Default 1s)

if (mod_evasive)

sleep(1000);

*/

and now some product features like "information", "pictures" and a few others are displayed but website seems to be still loading. I can see all the time loading "ring" in the top left corner. Prices feature is still not displayed at all. I have found in chrome console mode following errors during loading features:

Uncaught ReferenceError: priceDisplayPrecision is not defined
Uncaught ReferenceError: search_product_msg is not defined

Do you know what that means and how to solve it?

Best regards

s-piotrek

• 8 months later...

This pull / patch should fix your save and stay issue while editing products. https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.6.1.x/admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl#L252-L254

Just remove:

submitHandler: function(form) {
    form.submit();
},
Edited by Denver Prophit Jr. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The bug has been in PrestaShop for many years, but wasn't exposed until very recent releases of browsers that had newer/faster/different implementations of Javascript. The browser upgrade that caused this problem for most people was the upgrade from Chrome 53 to 54.

This pull / patch should fix your save and stay issue while editing products. https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/1.6.1.x/admin-dev/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl#L252-L254

Just remove:

submitHandler: function(form) {
    form.submit();
},

Thank You @Denver Prophit Jr. for the solution. It worked perfectly. 

But why the issue was not occurring before with the code existing and suddenly it appeared? 

I appreciate your help.

Edited by J.Sahu (see edit history)