Migrate Shop From To Server To Localhost

Hi,

I`m trying to move my PS 1.6.1.3 from to server to localhost (WAMP) .  I've found this topic http://www.prestasho...r-to-localhost/ with clear instruction how-to:

1) Install a fresh PS on local (so I created a DB on local)
2) Delete all tables from data-base
3) Import all the tables downloaded from your on line web-store data-base in the local data-base
4) Delete all file except folder Admin on local (with new admin number)
5) Copy all files (except folder Admin) downloaded from your on line web store server on local
6) Change the setting.inc file in folder config to show localhost and local db
7) Change in the back office the old URL to new address (localhost)
8) In the local DB in the table ps_configuration change to localhost

After all that my BO and FO looks like: post-1155557-0-84591900-1453881100_thumb.jpg

Thanks and I really hope someone will guide through this

Hi, done it again this time using next method:

1. Move  files
    1. Make a backup of all the files: connect to your FTP server, and copy all the files and folders to your local hard-drive.
    2. Transfer your files to your new host:
  2. Move data
    1. Make a backup of you database (a "dump"): connect to phpMyAdmin, click on the "Export" tab, select the database of your PrestaShop installation, and click the "Go" button. Save the downloaded file on your hard-drive. If phpMyAdmin times out before it is able to export all your data, contact your host.
    2. Transfer the SQL dump to the new database: connect to the new server's phpMyAdmin, click on the "Import" tab, click the "Browse..." button, find the SQL file you just downloaded, and click the "Go" button to upload it. If phpMyAdmin times out before it is able to import all your data, contact your new host.
  3. Configuration
    1. On the new server, open the /config/settings.inc.phpfile and update the settings for the new database server (with your own settings instead of the examples here):
      • define('_DB_SERVER_', 'new server name');
      • define('_DB_NAME_', 'new DBname');
      • define('_DB_USER_', 'PS-user');
      • define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'new password');
      • define('_DB_PREFIX_', 'ps_');
    2. Log in to your Back Office, go to the "Preferences" tab, select the "SEO & URLs" sub-tab, and change the domain name to your new domain. Do the same for the SSL domain.
      In effect, this will update the "PS_SHOP_DOMAIN" and "PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL" rows in the "ps_configuration" SQL table.
    3. In your back-office, go to the Preferences -> SEO and URLs., and regenerate both the .htaccess and robots.txt files.

I have the same result :post-1155557-0-24433900-1453891634_thumb.jpg

P.S.I have deleted the cache

Edited by meistergica (see edit history)

1) Do you have .css files?

2) Is the path to .css files correct?

If you click F12 on Chrome you can inspect your code.

You should find something like this:

<link href="/[your_shop]/[your_admin]/themes/default/css/admin-theme.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">

If the path is correct then is .htaccess correct?

• Like 1

<link href="/admin123/themes/default/css/admin-theme.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />
<link href="/admin123/themes/default/css/overrides.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

path is incorrect should be

<link href="/maga/admin123/themes/default/css/admin-theme.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />
<link href="/maga/admin123/themes/default/css/overrides.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

Many many Thanks 

Simonas Invertus

I have rewrite ps_shop_url and now I can see correctly my back office, for the moment I can't load front office but I think I can figure it out.

Edited by meistergica (see edit history)

• 4 years later...

Hello everyone,

I have moved my site running online on Prestashop 1.6 to localhost. And I'm facing few issues

1) When I'm trying to get to backoffice via link http://localhost/prestashop/tradepro/admin123 it is opening but without css atatched because of a wrong path to css <link rel="stylesheet" href="/admin123/themes/default/css/admin-theme.css" (where can I change the path?)

2) It doesn't accept my username and password on a localhost. Can it be an SSL issue? How to sort this out?

3) When I'm trying to get to frontend via link via link http://localhost/prestashop/tradepro it opens live site in Internet.

Would be much appreciated if you could advise on issues mentioned. Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, NPO said:

Hi,

Did you make the changes to files and database? (Turn of SSL in database, give new path to shop in database, change database name and access in file)

Thnx for your prompt reply. Here is the list of changes I hve applied:

1) PS_SSL_ENABLED is now set 0

2) PS_SHOP_DOMAINis now set to localhost

3) settings.inc file also changed to

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'prestashop');
define('_DB_USER_', 'root');
define('_DB_PASSWD_', '');

I'm still not able to log on to shop backend with old credentilas. CSS script is not being applied when I access the link  localhost/prestashop/tradepro/admin123

• 6 months later...

Hi, I have same problem with you.
I want to run the live prestashop website on the local.

What I've done is:
-Download all the server files on the localhost path

-Download server database and imported it

-Changed the settings.inc file with the local configuration.
But when I visit localhost, it doesn't show the site

• Like 1

• 1 year later...