move from server to localhost

I tried to duplicate on local my site but I have problem.

I downloaded and re_loaded the data-base to a local one and files locally, I changed the setting.inc file; In the back office I changed the URL to localhost.

Problem: I can see the back office but not the front office.

I looked also in the DB and in the table ps_configuration i changed to localhost, so I really don't know what's wrong. Any idea ?

I use version 1.5.4

Did you turn the shop to force compile and turn the cache off?

Hi, no I didn't. Maybe that's the issue because if I try to force compile it didn't allow me to save. When I press the button, nothing change.

try turnning friendly urls off (save) then back on (save)

this in order to regenerate your .htaccess

note: you should install a native (fresh install) of prestashop (your version) to make sure your localhost environment supports ps...

Hello thank everyone for the suggestions. I was travelling a couple of days for work. I'll try with your suggestions and let you know.

sometimes this method doesnt work. I don't know why, but it doesnt. So, make sure that you've got an backup of .htaccess file, then just remove it and refresh your store front office.

Thx for the suggestion. I'll make the backup

WOW I made it! I am not sure it's best way but it worked. I still didn't understand the reason but I think the problem was I didn't have a native fresh installation.

I copy what I did in case someone else is having same problem

1) Install a fresh PS on local (so I created a DB on local)

2) Delete all tables from data-base

3) Import all the tables downloaded from your on line web-store data-base in the local data-base

4) Delete all file except folder Admin on local (with new admin number)

5) Copy all files (except folder Admin) downloaded from your on line web store server on local

7) Change the setting.inc file in folder config to show localhost and local db

8) Change in the back office the old URL to new address (localhost)

9) In the local DB in the table ps_configuration change to localhost

Thx to everyone for the advices!...and by the way if there's a better way let me know!

• Like 1