<SOLVED> Need help working out my unsecured content (groan..)

scottyboy

Hello all,
yes, I have yet another SSL problem but I have searched the threads and tried a few things that seemed to help solve other peoples problems and found nothing that helps solve mine. When I checkout on my site I get the 'display unsecured content?' message on IE and an exclamation mark/security warning on firefox and chrome.

The few people that have tried to place orders so far have emailed me telling me that they are interested in purchasing an item but are wary of buying anything because of the security messages that they get about my site

I have uninstalled Google analytics and my 'Wiznav' bar in the hope that it might help but it changed nothing.
If anyone has any ideas what this could be then I would appreciate it very much as I've spent most of last night trying to work out what could be wrong. I think I'm at the stage now where I'm so frustrated, I cant see the answer that is probably staring at me and I can can do without another sleepless night racking my brains as to what the problem might be.

PS: I'm using a 'quick SSL' from 'Geotrust' with my 1and1 web host package.

I can't believe it, after all that it turned out to be my 'sliding accordion' categories block module. I just uninstalled it and, hey PRESTO!..or should a say PRESTA! Why didn't I do that last night??!!!

It was the Javascript code in the .TPL file for the categories block. I'll just need to tweak it a bit.

...right, where's my pillow.

I can't believe it, after all that it turned out to be my 'sliding accordion' categories block module. I just uninstalled it and, hey PRESTO!..or should a say PRESTA! Why didn't I do that last night??!!!

It was the Javascript code in the .TPL file for the categories block. I'll just need to tweak it a bit.

...right, where's my pillow.

Are you using Rocky's commercial sliding accordion' categories block module? If you are, then I may be able to help since I am using the same one. I fixed the problems. Let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
"Are you using Rocky's commercial sliding accordion' categories block module? If you are, then I may be able to help since I am using the same one. I fixed the problems. Let me know."

Hi Star,

I'm using Rocky's accordion categories module and suspect this is where my problems lie. My HTTPS pages were working fine before and then something changed to now generate unsecured warnings when i try to access HTTPS pages. I rechecked my media and they all have the HTTPS prefix as far as I can tell. If i navigate to a HTTPS page and then try access my products through the categories block module, it gets stuck on loading with an "authentication" error if i check the error on page message in IE.
Any advice?

22138_EMwOQZsnshGZ6GGRQx4o_t

22139_nIdQCkijHVZ62oHen4rM_t

I'm interested to learn more about this HTTPS issue in my module. I don't have HTTPS on my own server, so I can't test it. Please let me know how you fix it so I can incorporate it into the next version of the module.

I'm interested to know more about this HTTPS issue in my module. I don't have HTTPS on my own server, so I can't test it. Please let me know how you fix it so I can incorporate it into the next version of the module.

For my experience, if I add $useSSL = true; to the top of blockcategoriesaccordion.php after the <?, everytime when the customers clicked on the menu, it would make the pages that they clicked became ssl. If the pages were not ssl ready, it would break the site. What I did was I changed all of the {$base_dir} to {$content_dir} on all of the categoriesaccordion.tpl. And it works

I just searched through my AJAX Sliding Accordion Categories v2.1.2 module and I can't find {$base_dir} in there at all. I'm using the Link class to generate URLs for me, so I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I'll look into it when I have time.

I just search through my AJAX Sliding Accordion Categories v2.1.2 module and can't find {$base_dir} in there at all. I'm using the Link class to generate URLs for me, so I'm not sure what I can do to fix it. I'll look into it when I have time.

I am in a big hurry now. But I will PM you where I fixed it tonight.

I'm interested to know more about this HTTPS issue in my module. I don't have HTTPS on my own server, so I can't test it. Please let me know how you fix it so I can incorporate it into the next version of the module.

For my experience, if I add $useSSL = true; to the top of blockcategoriesaccordion.php after the <?, everytime when the customers clicked on the menu, it would make the pages that they clicked became ssl. If the pages were not ssl ready, it would break the site. What I did was I changed all of the {$base_dir} to {$content_dir} on all of the categoriesaccordion.tpl. And it works

Star, you're a star! I replaced all of the {$base_dir} to {$content_dir} references in the blockcategoriesnc.tpl and I'm now able to access the sub-categories from Rocky's block categories module. My "https://www.goldgalleon.com/authentication.php?back=my-account.php" page is now showing it's secure as well as the "https://www.goldgalleon.com/order.php" page.
The HTTPS contact form page which is still showing unsecured so I guess that is just a matter of tracking down a {$base_dir} reference and changing it to {$base_dir_ssl}.......

I just found that I'm having the same issue on the "Contact Us" page which is confusing to me. If I changed all the {$base_dir} to {$content_dir} references in the blockcategoriesnc.tpl (and I dbl checked that I did), why would I get stuck on the "Loading" text attempting to access a category, or sub-category, from the Contact Us page?

SOLVED (for me) - I replaced the Contact-Us.php file and everything works as it should.

• 2 weeks later...
I just found that I'm having the same issue on the "Contact Us" page which is confusing to me. If I changed all the {$base_dir} to {$content_dir} references in the blockcategoriesnc.tpl (and I dbl checked that I did), why would I get stuck on the "Loading" text attempting to access a category, or sub-category, from the Contact Us page?

SOLVED (for me) - I replaced the Contact-Us.php file and everything works as it should.

Sorry, can you tell me what did you replace the Contact-Us.php with? I got the same problem...

Sorry, can you tell me what did you replace the Contact-Form.php with? I got the same problem...

One of the solutions i tried was to replace the Contact-Form.php in the root directory, cleared my browser cache and navigated to the contact page and that page now showed secure.
I've attached my file for reference, not sure if you're using the default Contact-Form. Let me know how it goes...

contact-form.php

Sorry, can you tell me what did you replace the Contact-Form.php with? I got the same problem...

One of the solutions i tried was to replace the Contact-Form.php in the root directory, cleared my browser cache and navigated to the contact page and that page now showed secure.
I've attached my file for reference, not sure if you're using the default Contact-Form. Let me know how it goes...

It works. Thank you. But I just checked on your site, and the category and tag modules links from your contact us page have IE unsecured error. And a lot of images are missing when it is using IE.

What version of IE are you using? Is it IE 6? I work in Opera by default but use Firefox and Chrome in conjunction to test. I very rarely use IE so I guess I should use it more :-(

I am using IE8.

23291_JHvToiBYrW7VqAV0qpqJ_t

23292_VsTuUGxSrkOt1MoRw8mO_t

It took me while but finally figured (self taught and what i know is dangerous :-) ) out I had to put

/* SSL Management */
$useSSL = true;

at the beginning of the Search.php file.

I also had my second advertising module set up as

<!-- MODULE Block advertising -->

<!-- /MODULE Block advertising -->

instead of

<!-- MODULE Block advertising -->

<!-- /MODULE Block advertising -->

It all looks good now, thanks again for catching that!